Fishing Charters Happy Day Today

Fishing reports for the entire United States coastline and freshwater systems.
topshotfishing
Veteran Outdoorsman

Fishing Charters Happy Day Today

Post by topshotfishing »

Fort Lauderdale Fishing on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak

Sam and Maria Beys along with their two sons from Texas were vacationing in town to do some fishing in Fort Lauderdale FL. Blue skies, winds out of the east at 5 mph with 1-2 ft. seas, making the conditions comfortable for Maria. Sam is an avid fly fisherman and showed me a picture of a 3 ft. long trout fish that he caught on a fly up in Colorado, which is a great accomplishment on a fly.

I headed out to the drop off in Fort Lauderdale, which is 1.8 miles from shore, sitting in 120 ft. of water. We put two plainers down, both with double hook Mullet strips, one with a pink sea witch in front and the other with a blue and white sea witch. For surface baits we went with two Ballyhoos and two Bonito strips and a daisy chain for a teaser.

Our first strike came on one of the plainer rods, which produced a 15 lb. Kingfish. I headed out towards one of our wrecks that sits in 200 ft. of water north of Fort Lauderdale. Any wreck will hold bait fish and in return you will have the predators in search of a meal. These areas are always a prime place to fish over. Over the wreck we had constant action winding up with 13 Bonitos, 4 Kingfish and 4 Black Fin Tunas. It was time to head back to the dock at Bahia Mar 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316.

For a successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter in Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellshouth.net Website: http://www.topshotfishing.com.

Return to “Fishing Reports”