Sport Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today

Fishing reports for the entire United States coastline and freshwater systems.
topshotfishing
Veteran Outdoorsman

Sport Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today

Post by topshotfishing »

Fort Lauderdale Fishing on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak

Ray Miller from Dallas TX was here in Fort Lauderdale FL on a convention and friend had some spare time before his flight back home, so he chartered the Happy Day Today along with the Topshotfishing team to do some deep sea sport fishing here in Ft. Lauderdale FL. Mr. Miller, accustomed to traveling an hour to the fishing grounds in Texas, was pleased that in 20 minutes he was in Fort Lauderdale’s fishing grounds, 1.8 miles from shore in 120 ft. of water.
tuna (2).jpg

With the migration of Mullets not too far away, small schools have been trickling down the beach, and all pelagic fish - Sailfish, Sharks, Tarpons, Snook – will be following the migration.
tuna.jpg

We left the dock and 20 minutes later lines were in the water. We had one plainer down with a 3 ½ blue reflector drone spoon, two Ballyhoos and two Bonito strips for surface baits and a Ballyhoo dredge. We started catching a mixture of Bonitos and Kingfish. The Bonitos were in the range of 10-15 lbs with the Kingfish ranging from 6-20 lbs. Ray was our only angler on the boat; he bounced back and forth from one fighting chair to the other, using all five of our fighting chairs. After working the artificial wrecks catching these fish, I headed out to another artificial wreck that sits in 450 ft. of water off of Fort Lauderdale FL. I got closer to the artificial wreck and I could see the birds feeding on the bait fish – a good sign that the predators are nearby. As I made my first pass over the wreck, the left long rigger came down along with the plainer rod and the right short rigger – three fish on at the same time with one angler –one by one Ray brought in the three Tunas weighing from 12-22 lbs.

It was time to head back to the dock at Bahia Mar 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316.

For an enjoyable and adventurous deep sea fishing Fort Lauderdale FL aboard the Happy Day Today with the Topshotfishing team for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellshouth.net

Return to “Fishing Reports”