Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today

Fishing reports for the entire United States coastline and freshwater systems.
topshotfishing
Veteran Outdoorsman

Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today

Post by topshotfishing »

Sailfish Joe.jpg
Fishing Fort Lauderdale on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak

A fishing party was held by Tom Tower and Joe Jolls for their clients aboard the Happy Day Today along with the Topshotfishing team. Their clients came from all over the US, including, Kevin Clunic, from Scotland. Joe said he would love to catch a Sailfish – being from Fort Lauderdale FL, he has gone fishing with his brother off of Boca Raton with no luck.

On the way out we stopped to purchase a dozen live Goggle Eyes which I planned to use later on in the deep sea fishing charter when kite fishing. I headed out to the sea buoy in Fort Lauderdale FL which is 1.8 miles from shore in 120 ft. of water. We had two plainers down, one with a 3 ½ blue reflector drone spoon and the other with a double hook Bonito strip with a blue and white seawitch. Our surface baits consisted of two Ballyhoos, two Bonito strips and one ¼ ounce jap feather.

Fishing in Fort Lauderdale this week has produced mixed bags of fish. I trolled to the south from one artificial wreck to another with no luck. I headed to another artificial wreck that sits in 310 ft. of water. There is where we had our first three strikes, but each one got away. We did catch one nice Black Fin Tuna, which will be eaten as sushi tonight. It was time to setup the two kites with two live Goggle Eyes from each kite and a Shark bait on the bottom in 400 ft. of water. I looked towards the west with the afternoon sun blinding me, making it very difficult to see the live Goggle Eyes in the water. I saw a splash on the left long kite bait. Slowly the line started moving off of the reel – it would stop and go for what it seemed was an eternity. Finally the fish made a mistake; he started peeling the line off at a fast rate. At this point, we locked the reel and went ahead with the boat. The Sailfish came out of the water, tailwalking with the sun sparkling on his body putting on a great show. The line became taught, and Joe, the angler, was amazed by the Sailfish’s power. Joe brought the fish to the boat and Jackson, our mate, wired the fish for picture taking. We measured the Sailfish for a replica mount and released it to fight again.

It was time to head back to the dock at Bahia Mar 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316.

For a successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellshouth.net Website: http://www.topshotfishing.com.

Return to “Fishing Reports”