Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today

Fishing reports for the entire United States coastline and freshwater systems.
topshotfishing
Veteran Outdoorsman

Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today

Post by topshotfishing »

Fishing Fort Lauderdale on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak

Fishing Fort Lauderdale and a trip to Disney World in Orlando was an exciting vacation for Leonard Wright and his family, who chartered the Happy Day Today along with the Topshotfishing team to do some deep sea sport fishing here in Fort Lauderdale FL. WE had winds today out of the east at 10-15 mph, 20% chance of rain, which is standard weather forecast for South Florida.

We stopped on our way out to purchase a dozen live Goggle Eyes from T&T Bait in the inlet in Fort Lauderdale. 1.8 miles from shore and 15 minutes from leaving the dock put us in 120 ft of water on the drop off. My plan was to troll first and then do some live bait kite fishing. We had two plainers down, one with a double hook Mullet strip with a pink and blue sea witch in front and the other with a 3 ½ drone blue reflector spoon. For surface baits, we had four Bonito strips out.

I trolled the reef working in and out from 80’ of water out to 200’ and targeting some of the 34 artificial wrecks here in Broward County Fort Lauderdale. We picked away catching Kingfish, Bonitos and Mackerel and a couple of Black Fin Tunas. I ran across a rip and a nice color change in the water – a perfect place to do some kite fishing. With two kites out, two live Goggle Eyes from each kite and one from the rigger, the trap was set; we just needed the predator to come down the rip. Twenty minutes later a dorsal fin appeared on the long left kite, which belonged to a Hammerhead Shark. The Shark attacked the bait and off he went. After a 10 minute fight, the hooked pulled on the Shark, so back to the rip I went to set up again. This time a black shadow appeared on the left short kite. The dorsal fin and bill came out of the water chasing the Goggle Eye around until he caught it. Off he went, and the show began as the Sailfish jumped out of the water exposing his body and showing his magnificent strength. After numerous jumps exerting his power, we finally seduced the Sailfish, and Leonard brought it to the side of the boat for picture taking and releasing to fight again.

With a smile on everyone’s face, it was time to head back to the dock at Bahia Mar 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316.

For a successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellshouth.net Website: http://www.topshotfishing.com.

Return to “Fishing Reports”