Fort Lauderdale Fishing Happy Day Today

Fishing reports for the entire United States coastline and freshwater systems.
topshotfishing
Veteran Outdoorsman

Fort Lauderdale Fishing Happy Day Today

Post by topshotfishing »

Fishing Fort Lauderdale on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak

Fishing Fort Lauderdale was a welcome experience for Jeff Olson and his two daughters, Mackenzie and Kylie, from Canada where the temperature there is in the single digit. They stepped on board the Happy Day Today with the Topshotfishing team to do some deep sea sport fishing Fort Lauderdale FL. We had an overcast day with winds out of the east at 10-15 mph, seas running 3-4 feet.

We left the dock and, being located so close to the inlet, fishing lines were in the water in 15 minutes. We started to troll at our drop off sitting in 120 ft. of water at the sea buoy in Fort Lauderdale with two plainers down, one with a Hawaiian eye in front of a double hook Ballyhoo and the other with a pink and blue sea witch in front of a double hook Mullet strip. For surface baits we had two Ballyhoos, two Bonito strips and one ¼ ounce jap feather. We trolled the reef in and out, ranging from 70’ out to 200’ with no luck.

From there I ventured offshore another ¼ of a mile from the drop off, which put me in 500 ft. of water where I found a color and current change. While trolling the area, I was marking fish on the depth recorder a little deeper than normal, so I slowed up the Happy
Day Today to let the plainer lines sink deeper. It worked – our first fish bit the double hook Ballyhoo, which was a Black Fin Tuna. As I worked the area we kept picking away at more Tunas, more so on plainers than on surface baits. We ended up with 6 Black Fin Tunas and 2 Bonitas – the Tunas will turn into excellent sushi and Tuna steaks for tonight’s dinner.

With a smile on everyone’s face, it was time to head back to the dock at Bahia Mar 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316.

For a successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellshouth.net Website: http://www.topshotfishing.com.

Return to “Fishing Reports”