Tuna Sail Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today

Fishing reports for the entire United States coastline and freshwater systems.
topshotfishing
Veteran Outdoorsman

Tuna Sail Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today

Post by topshotfishing »

Fishing Fort Lauderdale on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak
sail mike (2).jpg

Robert Allison along with Kevin Drawe, Jonathan McIntyre, Mike Cocchi and Mike Kougioulis fromThe Sysco Company chartered the Happy Day Today along with the Topshotfishing team to do some deep sea sport fishing in Fort Lauderdale, FL. We had intermediate clouds, winds out of the east, seas running 3-4 ft.
sail mike (2).jpg

After leaving the dock at Bahia Mar and purchasing a dozen Goggle Eyes from T&T Bait, fifteen minutes later lines were in the water at the sea buoy in Fort Lauderdale FL located in 120 ft. of water, less than 2 miles from shore. A quarter mile further out puts you in 500 ft. of water. My plan was to do some kite fishing later on in the trip, so I started off with some trolling. We put two plainer rods down, one with a double hook Bonito strip with a pink and blue sea witch in front and the other with a blue and white sea witch. For surface baits we had two Ballyhoos and two Bonitos strips.

As I headed towards one of 34 artificial wrecks here in Fort Lauderdale, FL, our first strike came on the plainer rod which produced a nice size Bonito. Once I arrived at the artificial wreck in 265 ft. of water off of Fort Lauderdale, birds were working the area - a good sign of bait fish around and not too far off the predators. As we kept circling the wreck catching Bonitos and Tunas, a black shadow appeared on the left long rigger; dorsal and bill out of the water as he chased the trolling bait. Once hooked up, the Sailfish exited the water showing his magnificent neon colors and his powerful strength as he tail-walked away from the boat. Mike K was the angler, and as he did battle with the Sailfish, Jackson, our mate, and the other anglers reeled in the rest of the lines. Twenty-five minutes later, the Sailfish was in the boat for picture taking, measuring 87”, and was released.

With 4 Tunas weighing in between 15-21 lbs, 5 Bonitos and 1 Sailfish, it was time to head back to the dock at Bahia Mar 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316.

For a successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellshouth.net Website: http://www.topshotfishing.com.
sail mike.jpg

Return to “Fishing Reports”