Tiger Shark Fort lauderdale Fishing Happy Day Today

Fishing reports for the entire United States coastline and freshwater systems.
topshotfishing
Veteran Outdoorsman

Tiger Shark Fort lauderdale Fishing Happy Day Today

Post by topshotfishing »

Fishing Fort Lauderdale on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak

Chuck Reese along with his sons, Drew 18, Garrett 14 and Willy 12, from Nebraska chartered the Happy Day Today along with the Topshotfishing team to do some deep sea sport fishing in Fort Lauderdale FL. We had winds out of the east at 12 mph, seas running 3-4 ft. with the sun shinning.

The boys requested to do some Shark fishing, so off we went. I headed out to an area where I catch Sharks, which is located off of Fort Lauderdale FL in 350 ft of water. We put out three Shark baits, one on the surface, one midrange and one on the bottom, and one kite out with two live Goggle Eyes. As we were sitting waiting for his arrival, I remarked to Garrett and Willy to put more sunscreen on since they were sunburned from the previous day. Suddenly, the rod with the bottom Shark bait bent over more than normal and the line screamed off the 80 International Reel with 30 lbs. of drag. Drew hopped into the fighting chair ready to do battle with the Shark. Father, Chuck, was the official photographer and his two brothers were the cheering squad as the tug of war dragged on for 45 minutes while the fish stayed on the bottom – from little to no line was retrieved. Finally Drew raised the fish off the bottom, and the fish came to the surface. All of us, including myself, were amazed to see a Tiger Shark weighing approximately 350-400 lbs. and measuring 11 ft. long swimming along the side of the boat, as our mate, Jackson, wired the fish. Pictures were taken and the Tiger Shark was released to fight again. Drew got the gold angler’s award for doing a fantastic job. From there, we trolled and Garret and Willy took turns catching Kingfish, Bonitos, Tunas and Barracudas.

With happy smiles on the anglers’ faces and a father’s proud look on Chuck’s face (what a great Father’s Day gift!!!), it was time to head back to the dock at Bahia Mar 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale Fl. 33316.

For a successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellshouth.net Website: http://www.topshotfishing.com.
shark chuck crop2.jpg

Return to “Fishing Reports”