Sail Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today

Fishing reports for the entire United States coastline and freshwater systems.
topshotfishing
Veteran Outdoorsman

Sail Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today

Post by topshotfishing »

Fishing Fort Lauderdale on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak
Sailfish Kevin.jpg

Kevin Pearson along with his Dad, Jackie, and brother, Paul, from Georgia chartered the Happy Day Today along with the Topshotfishing team to do some deep sea sport fishing in Fort Lauderdale FL. Father Pearson, who is 76 years old and in excellent shape, had a great bonding experience with his two sons on this fishing trip.
Sailfish Kevin2.jpg

Winds were out of the east southeast at 12 mph, blue waters pushed into the 2nd reef with temperatures in the mid 80’s. Kevin, an avid fisherman, told me some good stories of his fishing in Coast Rica as we were heading out. We stopped in Port Everglades to purchase a dozen live Goggle Eyes from T&T bait, and fifteen minutes later, two kites were flying with two Goggle Eyes from each kite at the sea buoy in Ft. Lauderdale in 120 ft. of water.

Our first fish were Mahi Mahi’s from the kite, as we wound up with four Mahi Mahi’s and two Kingfish. From there a sun shower popped up, so I decided to do some trolling. My favorite places to troll are over some of our 34 artificial wrecks in Fort Lauderdale FL which are in 60 ft. of water out to 420 ft and from 30 ft. barges to 500 ft. freighters. With four Ballyhoos out and two plainers, I trolled from one artificial wreck to another, catching a mixture of four Tunas and one Barracuda. Then the black shadow appeared on the left long Ballyhoo as the bill and dorsal was out of the water frantically chasing the bait and finally capturing it. The fun began – the Sailfish came out of the water to do his acrobats and show his fantastic power and colors. Fifteen minutes later, Kevin brought the Sailfish to the side of the boat as Mark, our mate, billed the fish for picture taking and was released to fight again.

The gentlemen retired to the A/C salon for the trip back to the dock at Bahia Mar 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale Fl. 33316.

For a successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellshouth.net Website: http://www.topshotfishing.com.

Return to “Fishing Reports”