Miami Inshore report... best of both Worlds 12-17-13

Fishing reports for the entire United States coastline and freshwater systems.
COBRA
Minnow

Miami Inshore report... best of both Worlds 12-17-13

Post by COBRA »

Well folks the winter time pattern has finally arrived for us inshore fisherman! The Everglades and Miami Back waters are really producing quality fish, now that water temps have dropped a bit. The Miami Peacock Bass fishing is becoming more artificial angler friendly, with the huge schools of minnows we had this summer finally dwindling down. Making for awesome days on the water for people who like to throw lures and flies at these ferocious gamefish.

I had the opportunity to take out one of my clients from the Great North on a day of Peacock Bass fishing in the Miami area last week....and he did awesome. We met at the ramp a day before a cold front was due to arrive....Yous Bass guys know what that means..IT'S ON!! I sure knew what it meant, but didn't want to jinx it by getting my clients hopes up. I figured I'd let the fish do the talking for me..lol. He had a blast catching Peacock bass and a few other species on lures he'd never used before...it's always a treat for me when I can show someone a new trick. Anyways he caught his fill of Peacock bass, all of them very nice ones too. I believe his biggest of the day was right at six pounds. What a great day. We didn't take many pics....too busy catching..but here's a couple.

Ok now for the "other" world. The back country fishing is in transition from summer to winter patterns. The big Snook and Red fish are starting to find their ways into the back bays and creeks. As the water temps drop, these fish will be seeking the warmth of the brackish waters of the back country...the fishing only gets better from here on folks. So now's the time if ya ever wanna do battle with a biggun in the mangroves. I recently made a run out back with one of my best clients/friend to see if they wanted to play. She's quickly becoming a menace to the back country fish..lol. Making the shots when they count, and fighting the fish like a pro. Basically she makes my job alot easier. We didn't land any huge Snook but caught a bunch in the 20"+ range. With some Macks and Lady fish thrown in the mix too. Our highlight of the day a her biggest Red fish to date..a very respectable 32" brute...what a fight in the mangroves. We got a quick pic of him and off he went. Anyways thanks for taking the time to read our reports. Looking forward to the next. Capt. Tony (305) 775-1136

http://www.miamibackcountrycharters.com/
felixcoin
Minnow

Re: Miami Inshore report... best of both Worlds 12-17-13

Post by felixcoin »

Making for awesome days on the water for people who like to throw lures and flies at these ferocious gamefish.
cheap fifa 15 coins
fifa 15 ps3 coins

Return to “Fishing Reports”