Lake Fork Guide David Ozio Fishing Report 2-10-14

Fishing reports for the entire United States coastline and freshwater systems.
DavidOzioGuide
Minnow

Lake Fork Guide David Ozio Fishing Report 2-10-14

Post by DavidOzioGuide »

The rattle trap bite has been incredible over the past few weeks especially on the warm days. Just about all the fish have ranged between four and eight pounds with a couple of toads that we just couldn't get into the boat. This is surprising because we are in the midst of the coldest winter that I have experienced in many, many years and water temps are currently hovering between 38 and 43 degrees. Believe it or not, these big fish still bite in water this cold but the game on scenario is when the water temp hits 50 degrees and the sun is shining. I have had two trips recently with Mark Spaeth when that situation occurred and we bombed 'um. We had 21 one day and 17 the other, all huge slot fish. We had a blast. I see warm temps on the horizon for next week and the trap bite should go ballistic. Chatterbaits and spinnerbaits will also factor into the mix and more big females should move up to the shallows to follow natures call. I have a few dates open for the rest of February so join in on the fun. please visit my facebook page at the following link.

https://www.facebook.com/LakeForkGuideDavidOzio

Return to “Fishing Reports”