Hernando Beach, FL fishing

Fishing reports for the entire United States coastline and freshwater systems.
fishdaddy
Minnow

Hernando Beach, FL fishing

Post by fishdaddy »

TRANSITION FISH TIME

This is the time when many species are in the transition move. Look for Trout, Shark, Spanish Mackerel, Sea Bass, Redfish and many, many other species to move back into more of a spring/ summer pattern. With the strengths of the cold fronts becoming less, the inshore waters are slowly warming up, that’s when the fish will become more active. Look for them around structure, such as rock piles and the grass flats. There are many baits to use, this time of year and into the summer, I like to use a lot of jigs with either a Gulp shrimp or a jerk bait such as the Zoom. As far as color, I like either a white or silver color. I believe they match the bait that the fish are feeding on, such as shrimp or glass minnows. Try different retrieves with these baits to target different species, mackerel & bluefish like a fast retrieve and trout & sea bass like a retrieve to be bounced on the bottom. Have a great time on the water, want more information, check out my website at fishdaddycharter.com or call (352) 279-1615

Capt. Joel Gant
Fishdaddy Charter
Hernando Beach, FL
(352) 279-1615

Return to “Fishing Reports”