Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today

Fishing reports for the entire United States coastline and freshwater systems.
topshotfishing
Veteran Outdoorsman

Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today

Post by topshotfishing »

Fishing Fort Lauderdale on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak

Ben Carnner and Martin Waller from Canada chartered the Topshotfishing team to do some deep sea big game sport fishing in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Ben is a customer who previously caught a Hammerhead Shark, and it was Martin’s request for this fishing trip to catch a Shark himself.
sail (2).jpg

Winds were out of the west at 10 mph, seas running 2-3 ft. with overcast skies. Fifteen minutes after leaving the dock, lines were in 120 ft. of water at the sea buoy off of Fort Lauderdale. If you venture off another ¼ of a mile, you would find yourself in 500 ft. of water due to our extreme drop off.

We started out trolling with two #8 plainers, one with a 3 ½ blue reflector drone spoon and the other with a blue and black sea witch in front of a double hooked Bonito strip. For surface baits we went with two Bonito strips and two Ballyhoos. As we trolled around for about an hour, the two anglers took turn bringing in Kingfish and Bonitos.

From there I ventured out to 350 ft. of water towards our Shark grounds located south of Fort Lauderdale. The conditions were not favorable for catching a Shark, but I still wanted to try. We put three Shark baits out - one on the surface, one midrange and one on the bottom. After 30 minutes Shark fishing, I felt that due to the conditions, it would not be productive, so we brought everything in and relocated in 160 ft. of water over one of our artificial wrecks north of Fort Lauderdale. Here I put out one kite with two live Goggle Eyes and two Shark baits, one on the surface and one on the bottom. As we sat there while Ben was talking about his previous fishing charter, a black shadow with dorsal fin out of the water appeared on the long kite bait. The fish grabbed the bait and immediately came out of the water tail-walking – Sailfish hooked up!!!! Martin was our angler and he jumped into the fighting chair to do battle. The Sailfish did a few spectacular 360° jumps. After a thirty-five minute battle, Martin brought the Sailfish to the side of the boat and Eric, our mate, wired the Sailfish for picture taking and release. No Shark but still a prized catch!!

Ben and Martin went into the a/c salon for the ride back to the dock at Bahia Mar 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316.

For a successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellshouth.net Website: http://www.topshotfishing.com.

Return to “Fishing Reports”