Please take a moment to introduce yourself

New to the forum? Tell us about yourself here!
allingeneral
Site Admin

Please take a moment to introduce yourself

Post by allingeneral »

In an effort to spawn new friendships and/or new business contacts, I would like to encourage everyone to take a moment to introduce themselves and tell us why you're here!

If you're here looking for information or to provide information for others, then that's great. If you're running a business and you want to give yourself a little more exposure by posting fishing reports or other information, that's fine too! Just take a minute to tell us who you are and why you're here.

If there's anything I can do to make the forum more enjoyable, please let me know!
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)
brushhog
Minnow

Hi

Post by brushhog »

I live in Mound, MN and am a member of the Gopher Bassmasters which is a BASS Federation Nation chapter. I fish tournaments with our club as well as the BASS ABA Weekend Series.

I am also an actor/writer/director and instructor at a sketch/improv theatre in Minneapolis.

So basically I have a pretty sweet life...laugh and fish....
allingeneral
Site Admin

Post by allingeneral »

Yeah.. that sounds like a nice life, indeed! :) I wish this cold front would move on out and let spring into the air so I can get out on the river and do some fishing of my own. I'm not like you tough Minnesota types...I need warmth to get out there on the water! :)

Welcome to the boards, and good luck to you this season.

-Rick
Cowboy
Minnow

Post by Cowboy »

Hi gang , My name is Eric ( Cowboy ) Clement , I live in Gatineau ( quebec ) Canada ,, I hunt and fish year round , I am 30 years old , I own many guns , pursue game like Deer , Moose Bear , Caribou, Geese/ducks ,,, I dont much varmint hunt , but i did shoot the occasional one

proud to meet the NEW gang

later
----------Cowboy-----------
boudreauxsbaits.com
Trail Guide

Post by boudreauxsbaits.com »

Thanks for joining us Cowboy.
WarEagle
Outdoorsman

Post by WarEagle »

I am originally from Ohio, moved to Indiana about 7 years ago. I am a manufacturers rep. for a handful of commercial office furniture manufacturers. My territory includes all of Indiana, and Kentucky, as well as SW Ohio. I spend a lot of 1 -3 hour windows walking the bank in those three states while on the road. I also fish Top 8, a BFL series in Indiana, and a Tuesday night tournament (when in town) on a local Indianapolis Lake (Geist).

A friend of mine and I started a fishing club a few years back, The Tri State Fishing Club, which basically turned into a bunch of guys that take a couple trips a year to fish and play golf. http://www.tristatefishing.org

WAR
glh0119
Minnow

Not a clue!

Post by glh0119 »

I just got my fishing license and I don't have a clue of how to fish. I know the basics, I guess. I am fishing in the local spots. Mostly bass, catfish, musky, and etc. Any tips or tricks of the trade would be nice.
Thanks,
greg
boudreauxsbaits.com
Trail Guide

Greg,

First welcome to the site! Second congrats on getting your fishing license. Any questions on how to do rig or fish a certain lure?

:fishing: Brad
glh0119
Minnow

Post by glh0119 »

Thaks. I don't even know to rig, or which lures to use. I went to Cabela's and I was overwelmed. How do you know where to begin?

greg
boudreauxsbaits.com
Trail Guide

Here are some tips on rigging some soft plastics.

Texas rigging. Just slide a bullet weight on the line before you tie on the hook.

Carolina Rig

Wacky Rig. You can also add a nail weight in one end of the worm.

I hope this is some help.
glh0119
Minnow

Post by glh0119 »

Thank You very much. The pictures really help. I am trying to learn all the fishing terms. I appreciate your reply.

greg
BreamBugs
Minnow

Re: Please take a moment to introduce yourself

Post by BreamBugs »

Hello, I developed and maintain a web site for bluegill fly fishers. Find it under: http://www.BluegillBugs.com or BreamBugs.com We focus on Accardo Cork Body bugs, BoogleBugs, Gaines Dixie Devil popping bugs and Wilson's Sponge Spiders. We offer free shipping on orders of $10.00 or more. Here is my Christmas Gift to new customers. On your first order use the following Coupon Code on the order form to receive a 10% discount: 10percentoff type it exactly as shown. Have you ever heard the expression, "How time flies when you are having fun", we here at BluegillBugs.com like to say, "How fun time is when you have flies". Tight lines.
captainjerry
Minnow

Post by captainjerry »

:wave: My name is Captain Jerry I own a small fishing charter business in the common wealth of Dominica.For those who don't know Dominica is between Martinque and Guadeloupe.I have two boats,Arewnne 33ft sea ray, and Proud Mary is 37ft.

Business has been slow this season and I'm basically trying to get more exposure out there.So any body interested in a caribbean vacation. :welcome: Come to Dominica.Look me up :fish: we also do whale watching safaris

My email address is :islandstylefishing @gmail.com
My web address is :http://www.islandstylefishing.com
fishmaster0
Outdoorsman

Post by fishmaster0 »

I run a Fishing Tackle website and forum for the surf fisherman in New Jersey. Anyone can come and join. We have people the post information about the Jersey Shore fishing. Also the guy that owns the Shop posts fishing reports from around the area of everything and anything that is happening. A fun site a great group of people. Hopefully I wll be able to offer some of my fishing expertise :fishing: here and you guys on mine. Look forward to posting. http://www.riptidebaitandtackle.com
allingeneral
Site Admin

Post by allingeneral »

Welcome to the board fishmaster. Don't forget to post in the forum below this one... Announcements and Giveaways... to add your name to the list that's eligible for our latest freebie. We give something away about once per month...sometimes more, depending how generous I'm feeling. Keep your eyes open for giveaway announcements and post for your chance to win!
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)

Return to “New Member Introductions”