Search Engine Optimization - Keyword Targeting and Density

SEO - Search Engine Optimization techniques for the outdoor recreation business
allingeneral
Site Admin

Search Engine Optimization - Keyword Targeting and Density

Post by allingeneral »

<center>Search Engine Optimization
Keyword Targeting and Keyword Density</center>

Search engine optimization (SEO) has been a hot topic for serious website owners and developers for a long time. If you're serious about getting your website listed in the search engines (SE's), then you need to give some thought to keyword targeting and keyword density.

Keyword targeting:
In order to stay competitive in the search engine game, a website owner must first determine which keywords he or she wants to optimize for in order to get relevent organic search listings for those keywords. The term "relevent" is very important here because if your fishing website returns in the SE's for the keyword "bicycle", then you're missing the boat :)

Generally speaking, you want your fishing website to return results in the SE's under keywords like fishing, stripers, catfish, fishing charter, fishing guide, fishing equipment, etc. So, select a few specific keywords and keyphrases and try to optimize specific pages on your website for those terms. Keep in mind while selecting your keywords and key phrases that highly competitive keywords are going to be much more difficult to rank highly for than more specific phrases. To see how competitive a keyword or phrase is, just go to Google and search for the term that you are curious about. Look in the upper right corner of the page for the number of hits for that term. If it's over 500,000, then the phrase will be much more difficult to rank for than a phrase that has 8,000 hits.

Keyword Density:
Once you've determined which keywords or phrases you want to target, you need to attempt to get those keywords into your page type at a certain density. In other words, the ratio of keywords to actual words on your page. If the word "fishing" is mentioned 37 times on your page and there are 100 total words, then your keyword density for the term "fishing" is 37%. Now this is a rather unrealistic keyword density unless you are just designing pages for web spiders to pick up on and you don't care about how a human may interpret the content of your page. However, search engines are getting smarter with each passing day, so trying the stuff keywords into a page and making it unreadable to the human eye may hurt your rankings in the end.

I have seen several different numbers from different sources concerning the "correct" density of keywords on your page. My opinion is that as long as you keep the thought of keyword density in mind while you're writing your content and if you can hit 15-20%, then you're doing just fine.

I hope you find this information helpful as you begin your outdoors website marketing campaign. Good luck and tight lines!
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)
shephil100
Minnow

Re: Search Engine Optimization - Keyword Targeting and Density

Post by shephil100 »

Ita amazing..... Thanks for the valuable info....... :roll:
ethanjames
Minnow

Post by ethanjames »

Many more information... I got more information... thanks for your sharing....
colleentyler
Minnow

Post by colleentyler »

Hi you have given amazing information about keyword targeting and density...
Many more thanks for your sharing this tips...
giorgioanne
Minnow

Post by giorgioanne »

Hi guy,
I got few ideas about keyword density from your posting, I need more explanation, pls explain to me..

Seo training
rayjohn
Minnow

Post by rayjohn »

There is one another thing that has to be taken care. You should not stuff your site with keywords- 3 to 4% per page. This can be checked using http://www.pagerank.net/keyword-density-analyzer/
sherinmary4
Minnow

Post by sherinmary4 »

thanks for sharing :)

seo training

Return to “Your website and Search Engine Optimization”