Login problems

Question or comments about functionality of this forum, etc - Ask here
Uncle Chuck
Outdoorsman

Login problems

Post by Uncle Chuck »

For some reason, your Log On feature of "Log me on automatically each vist" doesn't work for me. But, if I don't check mark it, it won't let me log on at all, and I have to re-enter my name and password again, then check the box for automatic log on, at which time it will log me on!! I have to go through this process everytime I want to post anything. Please tell me that it ain't just me!!
allingeneral
Site Admin

Re: Login problems

Post by allingeneral »

Uncle Chuck wrote:For some reason, your Log On feature of "Log me on automatically each vist" doesn't work for me. But, if I don't check mark it, it won't let me log on at all, and I have to re-enter my name and password again, then check the box for automatic log on, at which time it will log me on!! I have to go through this process everytime I want to post anything. Please tell me that it ain't just me!!

Has this just started since the forum moved to the new domain or has it been like this the whole time? Try going to the bottom of any page on the right-hand side, right above the google ad...there's a link that says "Clear all board cookies". Try clicking that and see if it helps (it will log you out when you click that link).

Meanwhile, I'll look around and see if I can find a bug report for this issue.

Thanks for letting me know!
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)
allingeneral
Site Admin

Post by allingeneral »

By the way... what browser are you using?

Is anyone else having this problem?
--
Rick
Uncle Chuck
Outdoorsman

Post by Uncle Chuck »

Rick, This is a test of the Log In problem I've been having. This post is only a TEST!!
Uncle Chuck
Outdoorsman

Post by Uncle Chuck »

Rick, From everything I can figure, it seems you have fixed the Log In problem I was having!! It works fine now! By the way, I am using Firefox for my browser. One of the first things I changed (from Internet Explorer) after I got this new computer! Anyway, I cleared the Forum Cookies, like you told me, and you made a change on your end, so one or both actions seemed to have cleared up the problem. Thanks, buddy.
allingeneral
Site Admin

Post by allingeneral »

Ah, wonderful! I'm glad that we got it straightened out. :thumbsup:

I wish I knew which one corrected the problem... I may change that setting back and see how it goes. If you have this problem again, please let me know.
--
Rick
Uncle Chuck
Outdoorsman

Post by Uncle Chuck »

OOOOPS! It's back!! Sorry.
allingeneral
Site Admin

Post by allingeneral »

hmm.. try clearing cookies again. There are several bug reports about similar login issues with the version of PHPBB that we're using here. I'll dig around a bit and see if I can't come up with a fix.
--
Rick

Return to “Forum related questions/comments”