Wind Wind & Low Low tides 8 march 08

Everything catfishing! Tips, tactics, fishing from the bank or a boat. Tell us all about it and show us some pictures of your catch!
RACN35
Veteran Outdoorsman

Wind Wind & Low Low tides 8 march 08

Post by RACN35 »

Headed out on a last minute trip today, was going to wait on a striper trip off the beach in the ocean but it just didnt look like the blow was going to calm down......at 0600 I told Tony on the phone I would be over in 1 hour and we were gonna scout some new places up on the river we had never been.....headed up the road, drop the boat in at the lowest tide I have ever seen in 25 years- and set the net to get fresh bait.........the place was LOADED with shad ! More shad than I have ever seen in my life we got well over 50 cutters in 10 minutes, then took over an hour to get all the bait out of the net, and offered bait to every catfish boat we saw-and head up to find some new places to fish in the river.....we fished several spots amd just had bumps here & there ......no takers. Three hours before dark we headed back towards the ramp and fished an old spot that has given up several 40+ pounders......NADA........off to another spot and it was just as bad.....Nothing......last resort we went to my crappie hole, yep you guessed it ........there we got 3 nice fish in the teens and I pulled a 30+ out of thin air but at least the skunk was gone ! Two more in the teens and we head back even tho we had an extra hour with the time change ......saw an Osprey dive and take it s own catfish from the water and back to its nest, lots of Bald Eagls...... muskrats swimming right in front of the boat at times too. Pretty nice day on the water once we got out of the wind !!

Number #15 Rick !!

LOW LOW TIDE

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN SO MUCH BAIT ?

Virginia Game Fish Tagging Program Member
VCAN Member
allingeneral
Site Admin

Re: Wind Wind & Low Low tides 8 march 08

Post by allingeneral »

I've got your number 15 Jamie! I'm keeping up, for the most part...maybe a day or two behind at times. Hey, what do you want from me? I'm a busy man who can't go out fishing every day! :P

Sounds like a strange day out with the tide and the bait as they were. Strange or not, at least you caught some fish! What a wonderful story with a happy ending. :fishin:
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)
RACN35
Veteran Outdoorsman

Re: Wind Wind & Low Low tides 8 march 08

Post by RACN35 »

talk about a late report.............goober
Virginia Game Fish Tagging Program Member
VCAN Member

Return to “Catfish”