Back @ EM~ 3Dec 2008

The Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries hold one of (if not *the*) best striper fisheries in the world. Share your striper stories and pictures here.
RACN35
Veteran Outdoorsman

Back @ EM~ 3Dec 2008

Post by RACN35 »

Our day started @ 10 am, not 4 pm like some other ppls - we were in it for the long haul.......left the way way way back confines of Lynnhaven and headed straight for the 3rd Island in the vessle know as Driftwood, a 1961 all wood Trojan of Doug's- warm dry and cozy no matter what the weather is outside.......we drift the rocks with no takers what so ever......On board are Doug, our DICTATOR Capt & authoritarian ruler. Then the young,vibrant permanent Image of the KNOT~YET @ age 79,Harvey. And a friend from the rail of Rudee and TF member ART.

Art & I's friend Lonnie is at the 4th catching a few mid range fish while anchored up, after the call we head over there and drift along side.....Art gets a fat 24 - in the box ......I get a 22....toss it back.....Art 21...back it goes......Harvey,Doug and I catch and throw back a dozen more between the 3 of us.....while Art set them free from his bow perch......we box a couple more in the high 20's around 26...... Art was casting a storm, so was Harvey- Doug had on a B/A and I was using a Stretch 11 (R&W)- we are not going to keep all the big cows from the onslaught to come at the high rise.......

at 3pm we head over to the high rise and see the guys way east in the other reports......thats where Doug wanted to go......over ruled......Dictator Doug has been hog tied and sent below decks.....I am driving now.......pull up to the ONLY spot I have ever EEL'd in my life......not another boat in sight - well almost......drift threw the pilings over and over waiting on the tide to switch.....watched a small Sea Pro pull a few upper 30's off the pilons and finally we anchor up as the tide eased out of the mecca known as the Chesapeake Bay........Put out a spread of EEls with oz's of 6,8,10,12 and 20 ounces on the TLD's .......way way way back I casted a free floater on the big Shimano 8000 spinner of Doug's......Here comes Tony to anchor to our stbd......then along comes Paige II and sets up right between Tony & I at least he asked Tony, I guess the old wooden boat dont deserve any respect.......1/2 hour after dark, Jackass arrives.......Our 2 deepest rigs hail the critters and feed 3 eels to them......swap to light sinkers and its on just as much as any one else......I dont need nor care to submit and citation paperwork so I keep my fish for the Freezer.......Harvey & Doug set theirs free - a 46 and a 45 1/2 ......Art hauls in a HAWG at 49 inches or so ........40+ pounds and he will file his freezer paperwork today........what a kick ass 12 hours on the water we had today ........target species- ROCKFISH~ Mission accomplished......the Ole DRIFTWOOD ruleZ once again .........
JUST
AS
IT
DID
IN
THE
OLD
DAZE

Virginia Game Fish Tagging Program Member
VCAN Member
allingeneral
Site Admin

Re: Back @ EM~ 3Dec 2008

Post by allingeneral »

Yo Man! When are we goin' fishin'?! What are you doing next Saturday the 13th? Can you take your boat or are you relying on other folks' boats this time of year?
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)
RACN35
Veteran Outdoorsman

Post by RACN35 »

I take my boat year round- more so when its less windy....I have several buddies that we just take who ever boat we go in that day- we all split the gas/bait bill so its the same no matter who's boat we go in !

had a charter trip thsi past weekend the 6th.....we caught 19 fish and the crew kept 9 fish to take back to richmond

i have no plans of yet for next weekend....you coming alone,with her and/or kids
VCAN Member
allingeneral
Site Admin

Post by allingeneral »

I told her that I talked to you about fishing and she informed me that we have an appointment to get our Christmas pictures taken this weekend. Ugh. I'd rather be fishing!

Forget the above statement. I just talked to Shelley again and she said that our picture appointment is next week. She would like to go along with me on Saturday or Sunday if you have room for two people onboard whichever boat you decide to take. Let me know!

Saturday Forecast: 48deg / Mostly Sunny / Wind NNE @ 4

Sunday Forecast: 54deg / Partly Cloudy / Wind NE @ 5
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)
RACN35
Veteran Outdoorsman

Post by RACN35 »

i need numbers- got a new cell phone and ned to rebuild the number base

mine is
757 685 4811

the tackle shop is 757 460 1958

have not even checked the wind for the weekend yet tho
VCAN Member

Return to “Stripers / Rockfish”