Potomac River Striper Regulations

The Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries hold one of (if not *the*) best striper fisheries in the world. Share your striper stories and pictures here.
allingeneral
Site Admin

Potomac River Striper Regulations

Post by allingeneral »

I just called the PRFC (Potomac River Fisheries Commission) to check on Striper regulations for the Potomac River. The Striper Regulation Card mentioned these people as a good point of contact for regulations. Anyway...they told me that current regulation is that each person in the boat may possess two (2) stripers over 18 inches and that one of them may be over 28 inches. Does this sound about right? I ask because that's different from what the Striper Card itself says.

They make striper fishing difficult at best with all the regulations. I just hope that whatever I may catch, that it's within the legal limits. I would hate to get fined some crazy amount of money for doing something incorrectly, especially when my every intention is to be within the law.

Potomac River Striped Bass Regulations. Please contact the Potomac River Fisheries Commission (PRFC) for information on regulations governing the striped bass harvest in the Potomac River and the summer/fall season of the Virginia tributaries of the Potomac River.

Contact information for the PRFC office is: 222 Taylor Street, Colonial Beach, VA 22443
(804) 224-7148, or (800) 266-3904.
Attachments
stripercard2007.pdf
2007 Virginia Striper Fishing Regulations
(77.27 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)
RACN35
Veteran Outdoorsman

Re: Potomac River Striper Regulations

Post by RACN35 »

you can pick up that card at most places where you buy your license too-
Virginia Game Fish Tagging Program Member
VCAN Member

Return to “Stripers / Rockfish”