Potomac Rockfish Report 4/26/08

The Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries hold one of (if not *the*) best striper fisheries in the world. Share your striper stories and pictures here.
allingeneral
Site Admin

Potomac Rockfish Report 4/26/08

Post by allingeneral »

I went out today and tried my luck with just two lines in the water...no planer boards, no special stuff going on...just two rods with chartreuse umbrellas on them. Well, I didn't catch a darned thing in 6 hours of fishing! The water temperature ranged from 63 to 68 degrees. I was marking a lot of fish at about 18-22 feet in 22-30 feet of water. I just couldn't get one to bite.

However, there was another tournament this weekend out of Colonial Beach. It was run by the Colonial Beach Volunteer Fire Department (VFD). I'm not sure of the outcome, but I heard someone give an update on the radio that the fish that was in the lead with two hours left was 52 pounds! Well, that's what they said anyway. Sounds like one heck of a Striped Bass to me!! If I hear official standings from either last weekend or this weekend's tournaments, I'll post them in the forum.

Until next time... Hopefully, I'll have a better personal experience to report!

:fishing:
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)
RACN35
Veteran Outdoorsman

Re: Potomac Rockfish Report 4/26/08

Post by RACN35 »

Glad you made it out buddy - I went catfishing- boated 6 and none were over 15 pounds
Virginia Game Fish Tagging Program Member
VCAN Member
allingeneral
Site Admin

Re: Potomac Rockfish Report 4/26/08

Post by allingeneral »

Sounds like you caught some that are good eatin' size then. I'm happy with a catfishin' day like that :)
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)

Return to “Stripers / Rockfish”