Lake Fork Fishing Report 3-16-14

Bass fishing for smallmouth and largemouth bass. Tell us about your Lunker!
DavidOzioGuide
Minnow

Lake Fork Fishing Report 3-16-14

Post by DavidOzioGuide »

With main lake water temps still around 51, the major spawn won't take place until middle April and trail well into May. As of this week, the far back reaches of some creeks have had 60 plus degree water temps ushering in the first signs of bed fish. The full moon has drawn most fish to staging areas just off the flats around secondary points. A c-rig, drop shot or shaky head will be the ticket for the next couple of weeks. Lizards, flukes or baby brush hogs will work fine, dark colors on cloudy days and watermelon red on sunny days. Once the water temps reach 60 at the mouths of main lake pockets, throw a shallow running crankbait to score the trophy of a lifetime. Once the water reaches 70 degrees, the shad will spawn and huge swimbaits will be the ticket.

I am still currently catching cruising fish on traps, squarebills and chatterbaits on grass lines just outside of spawning areas. It won't be long, all bass will be shallow and the fun will begin. Also, I finally started catching bass on the wood this past Sunday. Jigs, shaky heads, texas rigs and drop shots will all work around shallow stumps. Contact me at the link below if you would like to take part in the action.

David Ozio
Lake Fork Guide
http://www.lakeforkfishingguideservice.com/

Return to “Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass”