Favorite Fishing Baits

Bass fishing for smallmouth and largemouth bass. Tell us about your Lunker!
Pike_Master
Outdoorsman

Favorite Fishing Baits

Post by Pike_Master »

Some of my Favorite Baits are,
Zoom 6" Lizards in Cinnamon
Yum 7.5" Ribbontails in Tequila Sunrise
Zoom 3" Tubes in Watermelon Seed
The Original Rattle-trap in Black/Silver/Red And a
White 1/4oz Strike King spinnerbait.

My whole game plan for catching the large mouth was fishing weed edges and burning that lipless crankbait through the water.I caught alot of fish with different retrieves.I used the Ribbontail worm weightless on a Eagle Claw 2/0 hook working it like a jerkbait just under the surface.That caught me a few smaller bass and one over 3-3 1/2 LB's.Most bass here in NY are not all that big,atleast the ponds in my area dont produce them that big.The Zoom Lizards also got me alot of fish.They just love them!!!!I fished them with a 3/0 EWG hook weightless and weighted,but mostly weighless.Throwing it along weedlines or against any visable cover sence i dont have a boat.Hooked alot of fish and even had one jump outta the water to grab it.The tubes i did the same with but always weighted almost like a carolina rig but without all the swivels and such.Just hopped it along the bottom and picked fish outta the water.The rattle-trap i made a long cast and "burned" it back to me adding some hops into it and letting it fall every once in a while.Caught a few 2 LB's and a few pike that way.Those are a few of my favorite baits i like to use :fishing: :fishin:
Git-R-Done
allingeneral
Site Admin

Re: Favorite Fishing Baits

Post by allingeneral »

Pikemaster, I'll tell you one thing, man... You're *quick* !!! lol Keep casting for them bass! :fishin:
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)
troutfisher
Outdoorsman

Post by troutfisher »

Pikemaster, keep it up man! Stay on 'em and you'll get a personal best!

I love bluegrass, politics, and FISHING!
kais4795
Minnow

Post by kais4795 »

I have used alot of different baits, but the best are usally live for big bass. The other day I was at a pond here in town and there was a five pounder sitting in her nest. I had the kids catch a bluegill for me and we dropped it in the nest. She sucked it in quicker than you can blink. I actually don't use live bait much, but the fish always bite when I do!
Kais
http://www.onetoomanyhobbies.com
Bronzeback Chaser
Minnow

Post by Bronzeback Chaser »

I like throwing buzzbaits
Bleitten04
Minnow

Post by Bleitten04 »

I went to Bass Pro and bought the plastic worm kit that came with 414 pieces and it has worked great. If something isn't working I can switch it very easily. I have found that dark colors such as purple, blue, and grey/green has worked very well. Also I like throwing crankbaits quite a bit to.
FLWbassFan
Minnow

Post by FLWbassFan »

After the hundreds of bags of plastics I've bought. I reach for Zoom Ol Monster "Black" or "Green Pumpkin". Seems those two colors work the best. With the Ol Monster there is plenty of plastic to modify and trim.
Tight lines are what I like.
Regards,
FLWbassFan

Return to “Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass”