Ran plum out of tags today~29May08

Bays, Rivers below the fall line and other inshore saltwater fishing
RACN35
Veteran Outdoorsman

Ran plum out of tags today~29May08

Post by RACN35 »

Started off at the rail down at 1st Street with the morning crew at Rudee.....by 9 am I had tagged 17 flounder from 10 to 17 inches. At 0930 I headed home to meet the Image AndyMedic at 10. Hooked upo and loaded the boat with all the gear we need to go to the CLT for you know "what".......picked up my second Image at the boat ramp with only 3 other truck/trailors in the lot.......headed to the tower in 3 to 4 footers and airborn every third swell......arrived to find only 1 other boat there anchored up. ( Sand % Man ) got settled in the corner and caught tagged & released umpteen seabass in the 10 inche range.......Capt Jim (Jil Carrie) showed up with 2 guests on board and they anchored across from us.....No sign of a single spade fish anywhere......None of us three boats caugt a single spade fish.......so we left the scene and headed further out to two other wrecks.....the first had no sign of life of any kind......the second wreck we anchored on was hopp'n & had it all to ourselves, not another boat in sight ......we caught several of those little toothy fish that look like tilefish but have lots of sharp teeth < cant remember their name> As fast as Andy & Jason would catch a seabass I tagged and set it free......I had 1 oyster toad that was easy 4 pounds and several seabass on plus side of 12 inches - all tagged and released but the toad......then the spades show up in big schools 10 feet under the boat .........then they were gone again..........45 minutes later they showed again in large schools right under the boat.........gone again.......back again......100's of nice spades at this wreck and we tagged fish until I ran out of tags and Andy used a few of his.......easy run back in at 32 NMPH and never got wet......all fish ate cllams today.......
have to wait and see what kind of pics Andy took......
Virginia Game Fish Tagging Program Member
VCAN Member
allingeneral
Site Admin

Re: Ran plum out of tags today~29May08

Post by allingeneral »

Sounds like a good day Jamie. So, what kind of boat are you running out there? The one you bought last fall? ...And what/where is CLT?

Did you see my post about bringing the boat down to VA Beach? I'm thinking about riding it down the river instead of towing it all the way down there...go check out the post in General Discussion and tell me what you think.
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)

Return to “Inshore Saltwater Fishing”