My first RED DRUM - 12 June 2008

Bays, Rivers below the fall line and other inshore saltwater fishing
RACN35
Veteran Outdoorsman

My first RED DRUM - 12 June 2008

Post by RACN35 »

When we left the boat ramp at 3:30 I had already been fishing ALL DAY.....ran my boat out of Rudee and went to the tower for some spadefish action alongside the "Graceland II" of Darrens.....I headed back in at 1 30 and was home at 2 30. Parked the Truck/Boat and jumped in my other truck and headed to lynnhaven and met Billy at CRAB CREEK Tackle shop....2 bags of ice and fresh crabs and we were under way..........The first fish, being the 40 incher came off my light tackle spinning rod........After setting there for an hour with no bites doing the "conventional" drum fishing ......I Hooked a crab on my spinning rod w/ NO weight and let it rip way way way back behind the boat......with in 30 seconds the fish sucked the crab off the surface of the water and the fight was on...........

after tagging the fish it was released strong and healthy.....This ones for you babe, let it go Ju-Ba style !!!

My sweet little 40 .........

then the sunset and 2 fat guys killed a bag of cookies and lemonade.......what a slick calm bay & killer sunset.............

Then as the darkness set in here come the fish...............

Virginia Game Fish Tagging Program Member
VCAN Member
allingeneral
Site Admin

Re: My first RED DRUM - 12 June 2008

Post by allingeneral »

Nice fish Jamie... and a great set of pictures! What a beautiful day on the bay.
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)

Return to “Inshore Saltwater Fishing”