Black&Blue~I mean Red Fri the 13th

Bays, Rivers below the fall line and other inshore saltwater fishing
RACN35
Veteran Outdoorsman

Black&Blue~I mean Red Fri the 13th

Post by RACN35 »

Left crab creek to find a very sloppy bay covered in 4 footers, what a nasty sloppy wet wet wet bumpy ride to the fishing grounds...But we - Doug Captain of the DRIFTWOOD,Dennis,Mike & Me .....were commited and headd that way helll or high water .......45 minutes later we get anchored in the same area as the night before where I lost my virginity to Billy on the Jackazz Boat ! Out went 4 rods with crabs....2 whole & 2 1/2......for nearly 2 hours we sat and ate fried chicken....subway samiches....bobbing in 5 foot swells and sloppy mess we had got ourselves into.......only 1 other dipchit had the same idea we had...a boat named "Gal of Mine" he answered to on the radio......at the 3rd hour Doug replaced the 2 washed out crab 1/2's with clams.....sat back down and we passed around a box of donuts.....no wonder I am so fat.....every time I HO with these people its like a floating buffet ! Beer in 1 hand and chicken in the other the rod in front of Dennis starts to scream as the boat pitches the stern 6 feet in the air.......the drag never stopped and Dennis has a rod in his hand saying " I got head shake " Finally after 3 hours of stuffing our faces we get a fish on ! To the boat we netted a cute fat little 36 inch BLACK drum.....Tagged and photo opted with Hookinfinger's new best friend.......

Out goes more fresh bait......2 bags of cookies, 1 box of donuts and 4 subway samiches later its been 4 hours more and way past my bed time at a half past 10 the rod in the corner goes off and I hollered for Mike that its his turn.......the fish took off like a rocket as I cleared the other lines and Doug went for the net.......in comes a fiesty RED drum of 48 or so inches...just like its little black cousin it goes back strong & healthy ........

11:30 and we call it a nite - hale the "Gal of Mine" that we are outta here and he was pulling out too.....rode back in the same wet slop we came over in and it never got any smoother at all.....as we approach the bouy markers at the Lesner there are 3 boats gathered around 1 pole and one needed a tow that had run aground coming across the shallow bar off the beach.......a way over loaded little boat was too small to tow them so Capt Doug gets ready to tow them in and the VB Rescue squad calls me to let me know my other 1/2 had just been admited to the ER with a stroke........ sorry for the guy in the broke down boat but we are outta here.....the other little boat stayed with them as we hauled tail back to the dock......Straight to the ER for a few hours then they transported here to Norfolk Sentera where I had been since 4 am this morning........home to wash the fish slime,crab guts and clam juice off me. Lets the dogs out and head back to the hospitial......She has a TIA Stroke. Doing much better now 20 long hours later .....for the many many that called today....THANX~ I will update you tonight of I dont spend the nite there. Remind me to never ever fish on a Friday the 13th never ever again !
Virginia Game Fish Tagging Program Member
VCAN Member
allingeneral
Site Admin

Re: Black&Blue~I mean Red Fri the 13th

Post by allingeneral »

Oh man, what a day! Our thoughts to you and your other half. I hope she's doing alright.
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)
RACN35
Veteran Outdoorsman

Re: Black&Blue~I mean Red Fri the 13th

Post by RACN35 »

The better 1/2 is much BETTER ! Near 100% as a matter of fact,brought her home yesterfay afternoon....so much thgat she says she is going to work today.....NOT....Of course I am awake before her, so I have nailed the bedroom door shut and the VBPD will just have to go without her another day. Thanx for your concerns !

Jamie
Virginia Game Fish Tagging Program Member
VCAN Member

Return to “Inshore Saltwater Fishing”