Galveston Bay Texas Fishing Report 2-28-17

Bays, Rivers below the fall line and other inshore saltwater fishing
Capt. Alan
Outdoorsman

Galveston Bay Texas Fishing Report 2-28-17

Post by Capt. Alan »

Hi Everyone! It's has been a minute (as the kids say) since I have posted on here. Over the years a lot of things have changed, mainly social media happened. I used to post my Galveston fishing reports on varies forums years ago, but a lot of them went away and I also got busier and busier. To make a long story short I will try to post some reports on here about the Galveston Bay area at least a couple of times a year. As for fishing right now, it has been pretty good. My favorite saying is " If the weather is good, the fishing is good." It can't be more true during this time of the year. We are producing some nice boxes of speckled trout & a few red fish on most outings. I am using live shrimp under a popping cork fishing about 1-2 feet off the bottom for best results. Keying on bait & clear water has been the key. The fish are really feeding during a moving tide. As for spring & summer, well it has been excellent the past 2 years & we had a very moderate winter so I think it's going to be another excellent year. I will continue to use live shrimp until the water temp hits about 75-78 degrees. Then live croaker dredged on bottom will be my method of choice. I will attach a few pictures of some of my recent trips & if you are ever in the Galveston area, give me a call. Until next time, see you on the water.

Capt. Alan
Galveston Fishing Guides
Galveston Bay Fishing Guides
Attachments
SPic10.jpg
SPic10.jpg (3.97 KiB) Viewed 1921 times
SPic1.jpg
SPic1.jpg (3.96 KiB) Viewed 1921 times
SPic2.jpg
SPic2.jpg (4.55 KiB) Viewed 1921 times

Return to “Inshore Saltwater Fishing”