bouy hopping the Virginia Coast 4sept08

Bays, Rivers below the fall line and other inshore saltwater fishing
RACN35
Veteran Outdoorsman

bouy hopping the Virginia Coast 4sept08

Post by RACN35 »

Been getting some PM's from a prospective NEW Image for about 3 weeks now.......40,000 TF'ers .........and I get singled out. WHY ME ? Last two thursdays have been a blow out so it was a no go.......was going to go yesterday but the forcast was if'y so I headed up river with Doug J for some Dove hunting and catfishing on the side after the shotguns cooled down......thats another forum tho.........Called Andy(medic) permanent rider of the Knot~Yet and of course he was in to go.....made a few other calls and whoever calls back first gets the other side of the boat......Called the prospective and left a message that the time limit was 1 hour and we were rolling outta Rudee ......New Image or not........Headed straight to the bouy we caught and limited Spadefish on the last 2 trips in 1 week to get more.......that was the prospective NEW Image's target fish-Spadefish.......I caught a yellowtail and a pigfish........Andy threw metal at a 4 foot Barracuda several times with no results but turn tail and just ease away from us. The water was not near as clear as it was 4 days ago but Andy did get a 18+ nice flounder that I tagged and he let go ......we had hung out long enough and headed to the bouy I fish alot alone and had pretty good luck there.....the species continued.....here I caught a pinfish,spot and Andy caught a croaker too.....we three took turns bailing spot and adding them to the livewell.....could not catch a single spot for bait inside Rudee but here we are 11 miles out on this bouy nailing spot ! I did a jig & dance with Mr Brownsuit myself today too as a matter of fact......so the cobia was species number 7 and on the way home Andy reels in a spanish mac off a clark spoon......and number 9 would have been a bluefish but I lost it at the boat.......so 8 spedies it stands and a great day on the water with a 30 pounder added to the freezer that I gave Andy 1/2 of .......the prospective Image we will call K~61 had a great time and I already talked about a return trip so I guess the mystery is over and I wont be left in the dark anymore! Thanx to both Image's for going along today and great job driving the boat K~61 and of course Andy for netting my fish ...........

More pics to follow when I get them mailed to me -

Virginia Game Fish Tagging Program Member
VCAN Member
RACN35
Veteran Outdoorsman

Re: bouy hopping the Virginia Coast 4sept08

Post by RACN35 »

shelly - rick
VCAN Member
allingeneral
Site Admin

Post by allingeneral »

Yes - Sir?
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)
RACN35
Veteran Outdoorsman

Post by RACN35 »

just checking in....had not heard from you folks
VCAN Member
allingeneral
Site Admin

Post by allingeneral »

Yeah, it's been busy... Shelley was asking about you the other day...I told her that you post about once per week.

I'm looking at the calendar now - trying to decide when to drag the boat down to Hopewell for some of that James River catfishin'... I would like to get a GPS chartplotter on my boat before heading out there, but I don't know if that's gonna happen.
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)
RACN35
Veteran Outdoorsman

Post by RACN35 »

remember the WWP from last year at hopewell ? well it goes down again this year Oct 18th.....dont think I will fish it , just hang out at home base and man the grill again......

I just looked in the catfish section but didnt see it, not sure where I posted it last year......I wil go find the report on Fintalk - BRB.......

I give up, no idea where Istuck there either.
VCAN Member

Return to “Inshore Saltwater Fishing”