Our hunting trip.

Dick Cheney has a hunting story. Tell us yours!
boudreauxsbaits.com
Trail Guide

Our hunting trip.

Post by boudreauxsbaits.com »

My son and I got to go hunting this week.

allingeneral
Site Admin

Post by allingeneral »

Nice pics! Did he kill that pig himself? :piggy:
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)
sporting-gent
Outdoorsman

Post by sporting-gent »

Yeah, great pictures. Thats a good size hog. What did he get it with? How far away? tell us the whole story man. Oh yeah, if your son is old enough for a calendar send me the story and pic and I will post it on the catch of the week page on our site. http://sporting-gents.com/catch
boudreauxsbaits.com
Trail Guide

Post by boudreauxsbaits.com »

Yes Rich he did shoot it.

A customer of mine invited us to his place outside of Columbus Tx (70 miles west of Houston). We got out on the place about 4:20 in the afternoon, as we drove up to the stand several deer jump up and run off into the brush. We climb into the stand where we have a feeder about 75 yards to the right and one about 60 yards to the left. Chad dropped us at the stand and drove the truck 120 yard in front of us and turned around and started corning the road back towards us in the stand. The deer that had run off started to come out and chase the truck with the corn. We had at least a dozen deer around our stand all afternoon. We also had several turkey hens come out and run all around. At one point 10 to 12 small pigs came to the feeder on the right but could not get a shot off. Several minutes later a big pig crossed the opening behind the feeder to our right. She did this about 4 times on the 5th time I yelled at her and she stopped and looked right at us and "bang" down she went. My son was upset he did not get to shoot but I told him to sit still and wait that more might come out. After a half hour or so he could not take it and wanted to go and get my pig. When I turned around to open the door that is when I saw his pig (190+lb boar) standing under the feeder. I handed him the Marlin 270 and told him to aim behind the ear and boom, he dropped that big boar where it stood. We waited for almost 20 minutes for everything to calm down then he climbed down and as I closed the last window in the stand I looked out and 5 huge pigs where standing in front of us I took a shot at one running full speed but lead him just a hair too much. We had a great day together and my customer enjoyed watching my son get so excited about the day has invited us back for more hogs and evan later in the year for a trophy deer hunt as well.

Return to “Hunting stories and Humor”