Fort Lauderdale Fishing Happy Day Today

Fishing reports for the entire United States coastline and freshwater systems.
topshotfishing
Veteran Outdoorsman

Fort Lauderdale Fishing Happy Day Today

Post by topshotfishing »

Fishing Fort Lauderdale on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak
Mixed Bag Taylor.jpg

Jonathan and Stephanie Taylor from Tennessee vacationing in Fort Lauderdale decided to do some deep sea sport fishing aboard the Happy Day Today along with the Topshotfishing team. Winds were out of the east at 7 mph with blue skies and beautiful sunny weather.

Fifteen minutes after leaving the dock, lines were in the water at the sea buoy in Fort Lauderdale in 120 ft. of water. We put two plainers down, one with a pink and blue double hook sea witch and the other with a #3 blue reflector drone spoon. For surface baits we went with four Bonito strips.

We trolled in and out of the reefs ranging from 80 ft. of water out to 200 ft. Our first strike came in on the plainer rod as Stephanie reeled in a 16 lb. Bonito. As I circled back, all four surface baits got hooked up on fish. Jonathan and Stephanie were our only two anglers so it kept them very busy going from rod to rod, and they reeled in four more Bonitos. From there we kept trolling and caught three Kingfish, one of Stephanie’s Kingfish weighed in 23 lbs, along with a total of 18 Bonitos. I could see some birds working an area so I headed towards the birds which were diving over a wreck. As I made a circle around the wreck, a Mahi Mahi came charging one of our surface baits, and Jonathan reeled in a 16 lb. Mahi Mahi. I noticed there were fish on the depth recorder over the wreck, so we made a few drops and caught three Amberjacks and two Jackcravels.

After much action, it was time to head back to the dock at Bahia Mar 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316.

For a successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellshouth.net Website: http://www.topshotfishing.com.

Return to “Fishing Reports”