4 Feb 2008 - C & R Whoop'n ....

The Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries hold one of (if not *the*) best striper fisheries in the world. Share your striper stories and pictures here.
RACN35
Veteran Outdoorsman

4 Feb 2008 - C & R Whoop'n ....

Post by RACN35 »

Hooked up and headed to the base for some CBBT C&R action w/ AndyMedic......he eats fish everynow and then but practices more C&R than he does F&E (filet & eat)......Headed straight for the 1st Island at 10AM to pick up where we left off yesterday on the LUCKY DOG....and boy did we !! As soon as I marked fish Andy was hooked up on a nce one and drags scream'n on his ole' stradic ! I get a few, he gets alot more..........just a I get bowed up on a monster fish and I got a smoke'n drag.........I hear over my shouder, "excuse me sir, whens the last time you were boarded"..... I lifted the fish out of the water, turned around and said "At least you could have waited until the birds left us".....I unhooked the fish and dropped it in the water between the 2 boats....... two of the three coast guard guys got on my boat. Andy Said " Do you need to see my ID too ?" They said no and asked me the usaual questions as they looked at the fishfinder and he says, man thats unreal !! Andy Catches and releases 6 more fish while the coast guard guys are going threw my check list.....they head off to another boat and we keep right on whacking fish after fish.....then some trolling ppl started doing circles around us and I scattered the birds with the boat for spite and we were off to find more......it didnt take long nor was it hard in several other spots from the 1st to the 3rd island, trollers everywhere but none catching fish.......they were piled up every place I thought they may be and drove Andy right on top of them and away his drag peeled....time after time........what a awesome killer day .........at 2:30 yes 2:30 we were fished out and headed back after 4 hours of just as much C&R as anyone can stand........ALL fish were released unharmed, ALL fish were lipped and no nets were used.......trolling rods/stretches never left the rod holders.....

MY RULES: GOTTA KISS THE FIRST ONE !!

Y'all come back now ya hear !!

Virginia Game Fish Tagging Program Member
VCAN Member

Return to “Stripers / Rockfish”