My first BLACK DRUM - 21 May 2008

Bays, Rivers below the fall line and other inshore saltwater fishing
RACN35
Veteran Outdoorsman

My first BLACK DRUM - 21 May 2008

Post by RACN35 »

The plan was to go to the tower and tag little fish shoot the big ones, then go drumming on the shoals........headed out of Crab Creek at 0700 and found 0 winds and a nice ride to the CLT.
1 boat there when we tied off.....second cast I got a fish, tagged and released as Tony got in the less than 10 foot visible water and couldnt locate the school of big fish that were there last week. another boat named (Teaser) showed up and anchored across from us and set out their spread....some boats caught fish,others didnt -the right bait and the right presentation they will BITE......fished another 45 minutes and it was time to head to where I was told to go catch me a Black Drum. Thanx to Darren we went right where he said they would be........first fish was mine and second was Harveys......both went paper and we lost what Dougs thinks were reds on long runs but we lost the fish......wind kicked up and we surfed in 4 to 6 footers all the way back in a stinging blinding rain.....got back to the boat ramp and the rain stopped and the sun came out......Graceland took over the watch to spend most of the nite over there right now..........great day with my favorite 3 fishing pals of all time .....My regular HO Harvey.....the DRUM MASTER KING Doug Johnson and my catfishing wench Tony..........

Virginia Game Fish Tagging Program Member
VCAN Member
allingeneral
Site Admin

Re: My first BLACK DRUM - 21 May 2008

Post by allingeneral »

That's a good sized fish Jamie. Nice catch! What did it weigh?
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)
The ANGLER
Minnow

Re: My first BLACK DRUM - 21 May 2008

Post by The ANGLER »

Nice fish!
We actually had one only about 15 lbs on the boat up here in NYC a few years back. It was a very exciting night because none of the passengers ever seen a drum. I wish those slobs you get down there head up north. Maybe with the "global warming" they will.

Fish ON!!!

Ken
Attachments
Angler07.jpg
Capt. Ken
ANGLER Fleet
http://www.theangler.com
The Finest In Half Day Open Boat Fishing
158-35 Cross Bay Blvd
Howard Beach, NY 11414

Return to “Inshore Saltwater Fishing”