Diamond edge sharpening!!!

Fishing, camping, hunting, boating, sailing, yachting - if it doesn't fit anywhere else, then post here.
matrix123
Minnow

Diamond edge sharpening!!!

Post by matrix123 »

DMT’s products are known for their superior quality and versatility, are easy to use and allow for sharpening in a fraction of the time required by other methods. dmtsharp.com is popular with woodworkers, chefs and gardeners and in the kitchen because they are lightweight and portable.
I use the diamond technology to sharpen knives,tools & gardening tools....what type of sharpening tools do you use? Please let me know..... :roll:
RACN35
Veteran Outdoorsman

Re: Diamond edge sharpening!!!

Post by RACN35 »

I dont , anytime anything needs sharpening I throw it away and buy a new one. Hoes,Axes,Mower Blades,Filet knife, Chain saw chain.....you name it - I shitcan it and get a new one...... :doh:
Virginia Game Fish Tagging Program Member
VCAN Member
allingeneral
Site Admin

Post by allingeneral »

Most of that list, I throw away...but my fillet knife gets sharpened before I start a job...and sometimes halfway through it, depending on how much is to be done. There's nothing like a good sharp fillet knife to get the job done right...and my little ceramic sharpener does a fine job in just a couple of swipes.

Hoes and axes...sharpen those on the ole bench grinder.
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)
RACN35
Veteran Outdoorsman

Post by RACN35 »

my filet knife get PLUGGED IN when I clean fish.......I clean ALOT of fish !
VCAN Member
allingeneral
Site Admin

Post by allingeneral »

By the way...there's something to be said for a sharp hoe! :)

Hmm..electric fillet knife... I never could really get into that. I think even if I cleaned fish for a living, I would have to use the old stand-by.
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)
RACN35
Veteran Outdoorsman

Post by RACN35 »

I am with you Rick !! Just like the "planer bobbers" I thought the the electric filet kife was just a gimmick to get you to buy one. No way I would have spent the 40 bucks for one.

Well long story short.......I got pretty much everything I want or need....so she will tell you that I am one of those guys who is very hard to buy for. Shopping the way chics do, she thought "hey he dont have one of these'......so she got me a rapala elect filet knife......I thought ok whatver......and said OMG babe thanx !! First time I used it was on a big striper around 40 inches long.....man what a breeze it was to clean that fish.....I was hooked on the first fish and have been ever since !!
VCAN Member

Return to “General Discussion”