Excellent Northern BC Fishing

Freshwater tips, tricks and questions
NoelGyger
Trail Guide

Excellent Northern BC Fishing

Post by NoelGyger »

http://www.noelgyger.ca

Weekly Fishing Reports (Smithers, Terrace, Kitimat, Prince Rupert and Meziadin North)

Noel Gyger
September 5 to September 12, 2010

Dear Fishing Friends: :welcome:
SUMMARY: Normal fall weather is upon us. The little rain we received did no harm to the rivers. Fishing for Steelhead, Coho, Cutthroat Trout, Bull Trout and Dolly Varden Char using fly, spin and conventional gear has been excellent.

Skeena River is in excellent shape. Fishing for Steelhead and Coho is excellent. It is not uncommon to catch both Steelhead and Coho on the same day and throw in the odd Chum and Pink.

Kalum River is in very good shape. Steelhead and Coho are coming in now Kitimat River Coho season is in full swing with lots of Coho caught last weekend during the Chamber of Commerce Derby and more Coho moving into the river during the big tides this week. Check out the latest video I did for Coho on the Kitimat River.

Douglas Channel is yielding good but not exceptional catches of Coho. The Kitimat Harbour fishery this season has been at best erratic this week. Check out the detailed Ron Wakita report below.

Zymoetz (Copper) River is very clean. Summer-run Steelhead are moving in now and great catches are being reported.

Prince Rupert; Still great Coho fishing around with lots of fish in Hecate Strait. Good Halibut, Yelloweye Rockfish and Ling Cod. Meziadin; There are still a few days left to enjoy some great Dolly Varden, as well as Coho fishing. Just a reminder that all Coho must be released. Check out the Marvin Reid report below.

Bulkley River fishing has been productive for both Coho and Steelhead.
Kispiox River; Water level is better than it has been for weeks. Lots of fish to be had, but there are also lots of anglers on the banks. Coho and Steelhead fishing is good.

Morice River Steelhead run has been good and the Coho has been fair. Lots of fish being caught throughout.
Babine River is really low. Fishing has done well for most. Check out the Bob Melrose report below.

This week guide reports came from: Ron Wakita, Mike Herzberg, Areil Kuppers, Mike Holland, Wes Owen, Gill McKean, Jeff Carlson, Andrew Rushton and Marvin Reid. Thank you to all of the fishing guides and anglers who sent reports and photos. It is very much appreciated!

WARNING: BEARS on all our rivers. Be Bear Aware and carry Pepper Spray. Check your spray for expiry date!

With the participation of some of the Best Dealers (Tackle Shops) in the Northwest I have distributed DVD players and Video clips featuring the Best Fishing in the Northwest highlighting several of the Best Guides and Charters in the Northwest using a variety of the Best Fishing Products on the Market today. The dealers that have the DVD players are: Home Hardware in Kitimat, J&E Tackle and Hunting Shop in Prince Rupert, Oscars Source for Sports in Smithers, Meziadin Park Store in Meziadin Lake BC and Fish Tales Tackle Shop in Terrace.
Please visit these Tackle Shops to watch the shows!

This may be the time to book that guided fishing trip of a lifetime! A few day bookings and lodge packages are being offered at super low discount rates.
Go here for details http://www.noelgyger.ca/special-guided.htm

New Items on Website

September 9, 2010 One New item (Video Clip: HOT - Coho Fishing Kitimat River)
http://www.noelgyger.ca/video-clips-web.htm

River Reports Weather - Normal temp - Sunrise & Sunset - Tyee Test Fishery – Tides – Hydrometric Data

Bulkley River
Fishing has been productive for both Coho and Steelhead. There are still some Pinks in the river, but they will be spawned out very soon. Don’t forget that as of Sept. 1st you must have your Steelhead stamp on you and Classified Waters stamp on your license; Regardless whether you are fishing for Steelhead or not.

Kalum River
The river is in excellent shape. I have had reports of Steelhead and Coho being caught in both the upper and lower sections.

Kispiox River
Water level is better than it has been for weeks. Lots of fish to be had, but there are also lots of anglers on the banks. Coho and Steelheading has been pretty good. Lots of fish in the lower river, but are working their way up.

Morice River
Steelhead run has been good and the Coho has been fair. Lots of fish being caught throughout.

Skeena River
The Skeena River is in excellent shape. Fishing for Steelhead and Coho is excellent. It is not uncommon to catch both Steelhead and Coho on the same day.

Zymoetz (Copper) River
The water is in excellent shape. Steelhead fishing is fantastic!

Meziadin River and Lake
There are still a few days left to enjoy some great Dolly Varden, as well as Coho fishing. Just a reminder that all Coho must be released.

Kasiks River
Coho are coming into the river now. There has been a bump in the water due to some local rain and the fish are moving up river. Fish the deep darker pools where they may be holding. Don’t fish unless you see them rolling.

Exchamsiks River
Coho are coming into the river now. There has been a bump in the water due to some local rain and the fish are moving up river. Fish the deep darker pools where they may be holding.

Bell Irving River
Should start producing some excellent Steelhead fishing over the next couple of months.

Bear River
In Stewart, BC should have some Coho entering that system soon.

Babine River
Is really low. Fishing has done well for most. Sorry this is last weeks report. Current report is not available at this time.

Fishing Guide and Tackle Shop Reports

Summary for Skeena and Tributaries
Fishing This Week
EXCELLENT

Type of Fish Caught
River: Coho, Sockeye and Pink Salmon, Steelhead, Cutthroat Trout and Dolly Varden Char.
Ocean: All five species of Salmon, Halibut, Bottom Fish and Dungeness and King Crab for ocean.

Thank you for using barbless hooks! (This is a BC fishing regulation)

Largest Fish of the Week
River: 20-pound Steelhead from the Skeena River.
Ocean: 120-pound Halibut out of Kitimat BC.

BOOKING NOW for fall Steelhead and Coho. Let me know if I can be of service to book you with the "best" fishing guide and/or fishing lodges for both river and ocean. There are NO extra charges to book through me, just a lot of free information and advice from a person with years and years of fishing and fish guiding experience. It is like hiring two guides for the price Your “dream trip” awaits. Contact Noel noel@noelgyger.ca anytime…to start planning your trip. Everything will be to your entire satisfaction

Ron Wakita: Reliable Guide and Charters, Kitimat BC
Home Hardware Tackle Shop E-mail wakita@telus.net Phone 250-632-1275

Kitimat River Coho Season on the Kitimat River is in full swing with lots of Coho caught last weekend during the Chamber of Commerce Derby and more Coho moving into the Kitimat during the big tides this week.

The middle and upper Kitimat River runs are holding really good numbers of Coho. The challenge early in the week was to hook them with the low water conditions. Many anglers are having the best success by going early in the morning just as it shades to daylight.

Sept 5 Mike Herzberg fishing with his very good friends and long time fishing partners, Anter and Pete hooked over 25 Coho on their drift of the Kitimat River. Wow! Well done guys! They only kept 4 Coho but Mike reports hooking Coho in every hole except the Haisla Bridge pool. Congratulations Guys!

Sept 5 I had the wonderful experience of drifting with my son Corey and my daughter Michelle on Derby Sunday. My good
friend Ron Jones drifted in my other driftboat with my other son, Brandon. We had a great day of fishing and had a lot of fun. We hooked 10 Coho but only landed 4. As I explained to my kids, "On other days we could have just as easily landed 10 for 10 but we should enjoy the results as they happen and have fun with them". I know I will always cherish these moments whether we land the fish or not!

Sept 6 Mike Holland and Associate Guide for Reliable Guide and Charters drifted with his long time friends, Daren and George Loren. Mike reports keeping their limit of 6 Coho but hooked and released a bunch more. Well done Guys. Congratulations!

Sept 6 Jesse Houston did a short drift with his cousin, Dustin Edwardsen and their friends. They landed this beauty and lost
another. Well done Dustin. Congratulations!

Sept 7 I had the pleasure of fishing with my very good friends Mike Herzberg and Noel Gyger. Mike invited Noel and I on adrift in his Clackacraft driftboat which looks as immaculate as the day he bought it. We hooked 7 Coho and landed 3 using Luhr Jensen http://www.rapala.ca/ Hot Shots. We had an awesome time ribbing each other about the fish lost but Noelwould boost our spiritswith his special toast. We would then critique, correct or adjust for the next fish. Mike and I were born and raised fishing the Kitimat River and Noel is a legend in the Fishing Industry. We have all learned that fishing is as much about enjoying the experience with good friends as it is about catching the fish. Thank You to Mike and Noel for a wonderful drift on the Kitimat River! It is always special for me to share our mutual passion for fishing with you both. BTW Noel shot a nice video clip from this day. Check it out.

Sept 8 Mike Herzberg drifted with his friend Tony and his former baby sitter, Maria. Tony and Maria landed 4 Coho on their drift with Mike. It's ironic that Maria helped nurture Mike into adolescence and Mike was able to help nurture Maria into becoming an angler. Congratulations to Maria and Tony! Well done Mike.

Sept 8 I had the pleasure of fishing with my very good friends Noel Gyger and Syd and Elaine Pallister. Syd is one of the owners of Gibbs/Delta http://gibbsfishing.com/ Tackle. We hooked 4 Coho during our morning drift but Elaine managed to land the only one. Hurray for Elaine! We had a great day on the Kitimat River. We hooked our Coho on Luhr Jensen http://www.rapala.ca/ Hot Shots although we tried to entice Coho with Gibbs http://gibbsfishing.com/ Koho and Crocs lures. We watched a local angler, Randy Dean, land 2 Coho with Koho lures. Randy had an interesting comment that the Gibbs lures worked the best at daybreak. The weather turned out to be outstanding and we had a great morning of fishing on the Kitimat River. Thank You to Syd, Elaine and Noel for your wonderful company.

Sept 8 Jim and Manny Arruda drifted by us with their catch which they proudly held up for a photo. Jim and Manny commented that they worked extra hard to land these Coho because family pride would not allow them to be out-fished by their sister Maria who was fishing with Mike Herzberg ahead of them and had already landed their 4 Coho. Congratulations to the Arruda family!

Sept 8 Ariel Kuppers drifted with our clients James Elgerd and his son Hayden and their friend Duncan Elgerd. They landed 3 Coho Float Fishing Roe with Gibbs http://gibbsfishing.com/ Floats. Hayden landed the first Coho of the day using a Pink Jig made by Jim's Jigs. Congratulations on your catch and Thank You for using our services. Well done Ariel!

Sept 9 Mike Herzberg drifted with our clients Rudi and Uli. Rudi and Uli hooked and landed 3 Coho on their drift. 3 for 3! Well done guys. Congratulations on your catch and Thank You for using our Guiding Services.

SUMMARY: Coho fishing on the Kitimat River was good this week and will continue throughout September into October and will be even better fishing if we receive a little rain. The problem is that we have to be careful what we wish for. We may receive too much rain then the river could get high and dirty. The forecast is for light rain which is exactly what is needed to create ideal Coho fishing conditions.

Congratulations to all the winners in the Chamber of Commerce Derby. I think everyone that participated were winners because there was a definite buzz in the air during the Awards Ceremonies. A huge Thank You to all the volunteers who made this event a success especially Trish Parsens, Rosemary and the Chamber of Commerce staff.

Douglas Channel
Sept 7 Ron Jones fishing with Ferd Bouzane, Jason Ringham and Graham Brady boated 7 Coho at Fish Trap.
Ron said he had a great time harassing Jason and that catching the Coho was a bonus. Well done guys and
Congratulations on your catch.

Sept 8 Ron Jones fishing with Jason Ringham boated 5 Coho in less than one hour. The bite started at 5:00 pm and ended shortly after 6:00 pm. Sorry no photos.

Sept 9 Wes Owen fishing with his clients Tim and Carl boated 5 Coho of the 9 they hooked. Wes was using Luhr Jensen http://www.rapala.ca/ Abe and Al Flasher #1 Prism with a Rhys Davis Anchovy teaser. Congratulations to Tim and Carl. Well done Skipper!

Sept 9 Mal the "Signman" reports fishing with his friend, Barb and her husband Tom on a fishing trip down the Douglas Channel. They landed 8 Halibut, keeping their legal limit of 6 and 20 Coho. Worthy to note, one Halibut weighed 120lbs and two others weighed 100 and 50lb. Mal also commented that they had an excellent trip on the Douglas Channel and Bob and Mal were spoiled by Barb's excellent cooking. Mal paid me to say, "They caught all the Coho because he has mastered the art of Coho fishing”. He also added to the pile of self indulgence by saying that, "he is a superb Halibut Fisher and that under his excellent tutelage Barb and Tom were able to land their Halibut." Although Mal is not very bashful about his fishing ability, the proof is in the picture and the catch is very impressive. Congratulations to Barb and Tom. Well done Mal!

SUMMARY: The Douglas Channel is yielding good but not exceptional catches of Coho. The Kitimat Harbor fishery this season has been at best erratic this week. Boaters who were in the right place at the right time had pretty good results where others were not as fortunate. Such is life in the fishing world. Halibut fishing should continue to be good but boaters will have to monitor the weather.

We have plenty of open dates for Drift Boat Trips for Coho and Saltwater Charters for Coho and Halibut. Any interested anglers please contact Noel noel@noelgyger.ca

Good Health and Good Fishing!

Sincerely and Cheers Ron Wakita

Gill McKean: Westcoast Fishing Adventures, Terrace BC and rivers north.

Hi Noel, fishing has been outstanding for me this week on many different rivers. I am sorry I just do not have the time to send you some pics. Next week for sure. The following are some special deals I am offering to potential clients. Have them contact you direct to book. noel@noelgyger.ca Thanks. Noel

NEW! I am offering a "Super Special" FULL DAY guided Drift-Boat fishing trip on the Skeena and Kitimat Rivers! Maximum 4 per boat. Please contact Noel noel@noelgyger.ca for details and prices

NEW! I am offering a “Super Special” FULL DAY guided Jet-Boat fishing trip on Skeena and Tributary Rivers! Maximum 4 per boat. Please contact Noel noel@noelgyger.ca for details and prices

NEW! I am offering a “Super Special” TWO FULL DAYS guided Jet-boat fishing trip on rivers north. Minimum two persons required to do this trip. Maximum four persons. This trip involves lots of travel so one overnight is required. Guests are responsible for their own meals and accommodations. Please contact Noel noel@noelgyger.ca for details and prices

Tight Lines Gill McKean

Fishing is our addiction - Guiding is our passion - Adventure is in our blood!

This may be the time to book that guided fishing trip of a lifetime! A few day bookings and lodge packages are being offered at super low discount rates. Go here for details http://www.noelgyger.ca/special-guided.htm

Jeff Carlson: BC Style Fishing Charters and J&E Tackle Shop, Prince Rupert BC

Hi Noel, so far September has been fantastic fishing for Coho at Holiday Island at the north end of Dundas Island. I was also surprised to see a 35lb. Chinook Salmon take my Luhr Jensen http://www.rapala.ca/n Flash Fly 4” Glo Ghost. Pictures will follow in next weeks report. September is also probably the best month to view Humpback Whales in the Chatham Sound Area.

Andrew Rushton: Kalum River Lodge

Hi Noel, great day on the Skeena today. 4 guys hooked 20 Steelhead. Steve Rothcop was into 8 good fish, only his third day ever fly fishing. Also caught, Coho and Steelhead on the Kalum.

Regards, Andrew Rushton

Marvin Reid: Meziadin and Northern BC

Well another season is coming to an end, but what a great season it has been. This will be my last report for this year, as it is now time to focus on some moose hunting. Meziadin Lake Provincial Park will be closing a few days earlier than I previously had reported. The gate will now be locked as of Monday Sept 20th.

There are still a few days left to enjoy some great Dolly Varden, as well as Coho fishing. Just a reminder that all Coho must be released.

Gary Cress and his wife Betty have been visiting from north east BC. They have been having a great time catching and releasing Coho as well as Dolly’s. That is Gary in the picture with one of the Coho he landed. This is their third visit to the Park this summer, and it has been wonderful having them here.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Noel for allowing me to post my report on his site, as well as Ron Wakita for his help over the past summer. Thanks to you both.

To all of those that came to Meziadin this past summer, thanks to you all, and hopefully we can meet again in 2011. Marvin Reid

I am now the operator of Meziadin Lake Provincial Park, as well as operating the Park which has a Store, and wireless internet to all sites. We also offer Travel Trailer Rentals to persons wishing to enjoy the outdoor experience.

I do guided fishing trips on Meziadin and other local lakes along Highway 37.

Meziadin if not the best lake in Northwest BC for Dolly Varden and Bull Trout, up to 11 lbs, must be very close to the top of the list. I supply all rods, tackle and bait. Care of catch and cleaning.

Trips can be booked by the hour or by the day. Contact Noel noel@noelgyger.ca I use a 19ft Harbercraft powered by a 75 Yamaha.

Best regards, Marvin Reid

Bob Melrose: Oscars Source for Sports, Smithers BC

Getting No Respect

Just like Rodney Dangerfield who is "Getting No Respect" that phrase sometimes applies to fellow anglers, landowners, and the fish and game we come in contact with. Let me give you a few examples.

During the Sockeye run on the Skeena the various, more popular bars can get fairly crowded. There is no way around it, that is the way it is. My fishing buddy Herb and I were alone on this bar, which was great, but of course, too good to last. Soon another jet boat came in and Herb moved down as they all took up fishing positions. Now ethics say that you should never walk in below another angler. Fair enough. However, when another boat pulled up it pushed Herb further down the bar until he had to wade way out to get the proper drift, but the upstream anglers drift was swinging right into Herb's legs on each cast, preventing him from fishing effectively. Rather than set up a confrontation we decided to just leave. Some of these anglers were inconsiderate and showed no respect.

On another occasion, again during the hectic Sockeye run I had walked into a popular hole upstream from Terrace. The pool can hold four anglers comfortably. A guy and his wife occupied the centre positions. The two guys on either end could not fish properly because the husband and wife would keep either moving out or letting their flies drift in cutting the drift of the two other anglers. I watched them do this on every cast and it irked me. Finally, the outside anglers gave up, packed up and left. I moved in upstream, and with the first cast the guy moved out into deeper water to cut my drift. With the second cast he moved out further. I politely told him that I had watched him do that to the other anglers, but if he planned on doing that to me he may have an accidental tear in his waders. Just then another angler showed up and said to the husband and wife team "Oh, you're still here". I asked the new angler what he meant. He told me that they have been there since 5:30AM. It was now 6:30 PM. These two had hogged this pool for the last 13 hours. I suggested that perhaps his meter had run out on this pool. If he had fished and respected other anglers then no problem but for those 13 hours he considered that pool on the river his and hers alone.

Another time I watched an angler who obviously knew how to fish the Ferry Island riffle. The Sockeye were in but when he hooked a Pink he would skid them onto the rocks and then kick them back into the water. Several fellow anglers criticized his fish handling techniques, but it had no effect on him. He continued to treat those willing little Pinks with disdain. Some of the other anglers even suggested dragging him over the rocks, or kicking him up to the parking lot, but luckily another angler had phoned the Conservation Office, and a plainclothes CO arrived and awarded him a fine for his treatment of those fish. No respect for the fish.

In another episode last year an angler had hooked an absolute monster, trophy of a lifetime, Steelhead. Of course, you would want some pictures. Well on the internet he had posted 61 or 62 pictures of that fish. When a fish is supposed to be out of the water for only a few seconds, what do you think that fish's chances of recovery were? The last pictures showed the fish on its side looking quite lifeless. What a shame to destroy that gene pool. Again, no respect for the fish.

We were fishing the Upper Skeena one fall hooking some Sockeye, Pink and the occasional Steelhead. We were on Native land when we heard an ATV approaching. They came down to the hole we were fishing. I asked them if they wanted to fish this run since it was on their land close to the reserve. They replied "No, that's OK, we are just looking for some dollies in the pool at the end of the bar. It looked like a grandfather, father, and about a 10-12 year old grandson. They didn't have any luck with their spin gear and were packing up. We had continued to hook some fish. I had a fish on and asked the youngster if he had ever landed a fish on a fly rod. He shyly replied "No".

I gave the rod to him and instructed him how to play a fish on a fly reel. After he landed the fish I showed him how to cast, and we caught another Pink which he again landed. He was very shy and didn't say anything but as they left the grandfather and father came over to me and said that he had enjoyed it very much, and to come back anytime. Respect for the landowner can often open doors, plus it is just plain fun to watch someone experience a new thrill.

Have a great and safe weekend. Respect others and handle those fish with care.

Prince Rupert Still great Coho fishing around Rupert with lots of fish in Hecate Strait. Good Halibut, Yelloweye Rockfish and Ling Cod.

Kispiox River Water level is better than it has been for weeks. Lots of fish to be had, but there are also lots of anglers on the banks. Coho and Steelheading has been pretty good. Lots of fish in the lower river, but are working their way up.

Bulkley River Fishing has been productive for both Coho and Steelhead. There are still some Pinks in the river, but they will be spawned out very soon. Don’t forget that as of September 1st you must have your Steelhead Stamp and your Classified Waters stamp on your license; Regardless whether you are fishing for Steelhead or not.

Morice River Steelhead run has been good and the Coho has been fair. Lots of fish being caught throughout.

Have a great and safe weekend. Respect others and handle those fish with care.

Bob Melrose

Product Profile

Shimano http://fish.shimano.com

The Calcutta TE series of reels is, simply put, one of the finest examples of design and construction you will ever hold in your hand. Crafted with a machined aluminum frame, and featuring Shimano's best technological advances, the Calcutta TE exudes quality. Tolerances and play are minimized to the point where you won't notice them now-or years from now. This is more than an excellent fishing reel, it's an heirloom

A modification of the popular and reliable Calcutta TE series, the Calcutta TE 400LJV features a stamped aluminum handle-side, machined aluminum spool, drilled top crossbar, ergonomic handle grip, titanium level wind insert, non-disengaging level wind system, and a host of features you would normally expect to see in a Calcutta TE 400

There are many, many more quality baitcasting reels http://fish.shimano.com/publish/content ... sting.html than what is shown above.

AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW at: City Centre Hardware and Sporting Goods in Kitimat, Oscars Source for Sports in Smithers and Fish Tales Tackle Shop in Terrace.

Electronic Voice can read this report to you – here’s how:

This needs to be done through Adobe Reader so I suggest you save the PDF file on your desktop and open with Adobe Reader. Go to top left where you see “View”. Click on “View” and scroll to the bottom of the menu list and select “Read Out Loud”. Then go back to “View” and scroll down again to “Read Out Loud” where you can choose 1) Read This Page only or 2) Read to the End of Document. Click on one and sit back and let the electronic voice read the report to you.

Chinook Video clips for 2010 season

The following are YouTube links. To watch in the highest quality “full screen” mode choose setting of 480p.

June 17 32-pound Kitimat River Chinook Plays for 2:45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfe0sBRphc0

June 22 Kitimat Chinook Adventure Plays for 4:03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMk5oWOs1tE

July 8 CLACKACRAFT Kitimat Chinook Plays for 2:10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKleEU9bcMg

July 27 Skeena River King Salmon Plays for 3:01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9eQ66zFP14

Steelhead run this year is:

Just glancing over the Tyee Index for Steelhead as of August 12th, and must say the numbers look encouraging. The 1998-2002 seasons were the glory years, and those of you fishing then probably have many fond memories of that period. The numbers this year show the closest to those wonderful times over the last ten years.

Of course, a lot of things can happen, and often do when it comes to fishing. But by nature anglers are more glass half full than glass half empty people and time on the river is really never wasted. As Roderick Haig-Brown so wisely said "If fishing is just an excuse to be close to rivers, I'm glad I thought of it." So, if the numbers look good, we think it is going to be good, and we always go out there optimistically – info courtesy Bob Melrose

Guest Reports and Photos

*** If any of you have special fishing photos, testimonials, scenic river photos, wildlife photos or articles I would love to see them.

Marketplace

Contact me noel@noelgyger.ca anytime to post your items. There is no charge for a posting. Here are the latest postings:

Fiberglass Fish Reproductions

This 42 x 23.5 inch Steelhead was estimated to weigh 30-pounds. There are many sizes and positions available, and pretty much any species. Call Carey Braun anytime at 250-639-3769 and he will be happy to build one for you. Yes, that’s Carey in the photo. Place your order NOW

Real Estate

Terrace, BC This property is a ten minute drive from the Terrace/Kitimat Airport part way between Terrace and Kitimat. Near Mount Layton Hot springs, within 45 minutes of internationally acclaimed Shames Mountain, 15 minutes from 18 Holes at the Skeena Valley Golf Club, and central in all directions from world class salmon fishing, mountain biking, hiking or kayaking. This property features over 400 feet of sandy beachfront. While approximately 25 acres is left forested, the balance has been levelled and prepared for your dream home, or potential development. This property is home to local wildlife, including Moose, Deer, and perhaps the occasional Spirit Bear, plus countless smaller mammals and birds. This property is truly a one of a kind natural treasure. Properties of this quality rarely become available, act now! Contact Noel for more info. noel@noelgyger.ca Rick McDaniel Re/Max of Terrace

Terrace, BC With over 3200 feet of river front, panoramic mountain views, beautiful natural spring on the property, mobile home and guest cabin, barn, stable, workshop, gardens, a 5 1/2 acre area that was formerly a vegetable growing plot that supplied the local area and has been fallow for several years now. May be organically certifiable. Pick your fishing spot along the riverfront, with several different good looking options available. Clear views of the Seven Sisters range, plus mountains to the East, West and South as well. Located 76 KM East of Terrace this is literally a piece of Paradise on Earth. The balance of the property carries up the ridge toward the majestic peaks on the South side of Highway 16. Perfect as a small farm or build your dream home. Contact Noel for more info, maps and more photo's noel@noelgyger.ca Rick McDaniel Re/Max of Terrace

Smithers BC - 8 terraced acres of Bulkley River Waterfront. Experience the advantage of natures tranquility only 20 minutes from downtown Smithers, BC. Prime building lot awaits your ideas for development. Proven year round water source. Boat launch access for world class fishing, kayaking, rafting, etc. School bus service available. Recreation waterfront and privacy all at your door step. Contact Noel Gyger noel@noelgyger.ca for detail and more photo's. Chris Timms Calderwood Realty Ltd of Smithers

Kispiox BC - Fishing paradise out your back door, world record steelhead were caught in this fishing hole. 24 acres of rare Kispiox Riverfront and host to the "Cottonwood Hole". Level, benched property part. Flood plain. Value of old homestead at buyers discretion. Prettiest small parcel in the valley. Contact Noel Gyger noel@noelgyger.ca for detail and more photo's. Chris Timms Calderwood Realty of Smithers

Wanted to Buy

I have a client who is interested in property of 5-10 acres or larger on the Skeena River or one of the tribs, not too far out from Terrace BC. Need winter access, hydro and phone connection, or at least wireless coverage. He wants to be able to walk down to the river with his Spey rod and fish, so Skeena 4 would be ideal, but no farther than USK. If you have larger acreage that is sub-dividable to suit my client please Contact Noel Gyger noel@noelgyger.ca

Contact me anytime noel@noelgyger.ca to post your FOR SALE river or ocean front property. Retirement folks from around the world are looking for this type of investment where they can fish the rest of their lives and still be close to home! There is NO charge for a posting. My FISHING REPORT AND WEBSITE has world wide reach. Monthly average: over 600,000 server requests handled.

View current postings: http://www.noelgyger.ca/recreation-reti ... rfront.htm

B&B’s For Sale

Sooke, BC Ocean Wilderness Inn This breathtaking 4.6 acre oceanfront property boasts a private setting with small creek towering trees and lots of wildlife for photographers and nature lovers. The beautiful walk on waterfront is almost a full mile of private beach. The home offers 9 very large bedrooms with large bathrooms. The fir floors blend into the log theme of the home, everyone who visits feels at ease in this comfortable home. Current owners have done extensive renovations to keep the property in top condition. The home has been featured in several publications and is well known for its great meals, crystal clear water, spectacular gardens and customer service. Enjoy spectacular views from the hot tub. Just a few minutes drive to fabulous salmon fishing and surfing beaches. Contact Noel Gyger for more info noel@noelgyger.ca

Quadra Island, BC Moon Shadows B&B 4500 square foot home on an acre of beautiful gardens, lots of room for toys in barn and storage shed. What a wonderful life choice with the ocean at your door step and fabulous Islands and inlets to discover while sailing or kayaking, fabulous fishing, clamming and oysters. Just a wonderful way to enjoy life while raising your family. Home is fully operational as a B&B, and is being sold with all furnishings, bedding and kitchen tools as the current owners are leaving the province. Contact Noel for more info noel@noelgyger.ca

Sooke, BC Coopers Cove Guest House Beautifully appointed 6 bedroom 7 bathroom waterfront B&B. This spectacular B&B was featured on Oprah for its gourmet cooking classes. Fabulous large professional kitchen, wonderful grounds complete with herb and vegetable gardens, and two hot tubs. Home is steps from the Galloping Goose Trail leading into the heart of Victoria. Contact Noel for more info noel@noelgyger.ca

To view the items currently listed please cast to: http://www.noelgyger.ca/market-place.htm

Website Sponsors

Redl Sports http://www.redlsports.com
Normark http://www.rapala.ca
Simms http://www.simmsfishing.com
Tuf Line http://www.tuf-line.com
Baitrix http://www.baitrix.com
Pure Fishing http://www.purefishing.com
Ace Line Hauler http://www.acelinehauler.com
Islander Reels http://www.islander.com
Lyman Lures http://www.lymanlures.com
Scotty http://www.scotty.com
Bubba’s Bait Barn http://www.bubbasbaitbarn.com
Gibb-Delta http://www.gibbsfishing.com
Shimano http://fish.shimano.com
Power Pro http://powerpro.com
G.Loomis http://www.gloomis.com
Advertise on the Noel Gyger Website and Weekly Fishing Report and grow your revenue.

Want rates for sponsorship? Just go here http://www.noelgyger.ca/advertise.htm

Check the website stats for yourself: http://www.noelgyger.ca/stats

It is a "good" idea to advertise online because Canadians spend more time on their computers than watching television. They spend 18.1 hours per week online compared with 16.9 hours watching television. Go here to read the survey http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/2010/0 ... abits.html

My GOAL is to increase TOURISM
You do not have to be a fishing guide to benefit from advertising on Noel Gyger's website. All tourism businesses, tackle businesses and others will benefit.

over 25 years promoting tourism and fish guiding experience
join your consumers on an angling journey of a lifetime
communicate your unique brand awareness to new and existing consumers
noelgyger.ca provides you with this opportunity with a limited time website advertising offer at reasonable prices
gain an edge over your competitors in this ever-expanding market

Last Minute “discount” booking prices

NEW! I am offering a "Super Special" FULL DAY guided Drift-Boat fishing trip on the Skeena and Kitimat Rivers! Maximum 4 per boat. Please contact Noel for details and prices noel@noelgyger.ca

NEW! I am offering a “Super Special” FULL DAY guided Jet-Boat fishing trip on Skeena and Tributary Rivers! Maximum 4 per boat. Please contact Noel for details and prices noel@noelgyger.ca

NEW! I am offering a “Super Special” TWO FULL DAYS guided Jet-boat fishing trip on rivers north. Minimum two persons required to do this trip. Maximum four persons. This trip involves lots of travel so one overnight is required. Guests are responsible for their own meals and accommodations. Please contact Noel for details and prices noel@noelgyger.ca

We also have some great spaces during our Fall Steelhead and Coho season, during the weeks of: September 12 to 18, September 26 to October 2, October 10 to 16 and October 31 to November 6. With the Steelhead numbers at Tyee, it’s shaping up to be a good Summer and Fall on our rivers. If interested please contact Noel Gyger soon. noel@noelgyger.ca

Contact information

GOOD LUCK and GOOD FISHING!

Yours sincerely,

Noel F. Gyger

Guided Fishing Adventures and Weekly Fishing Report
E-mail: noel@noelgyger.ca
Home Page: http://www.noelgyger.ca
Fishing Reports: http://www.noelgyger.ca/past-fishing-reports.htm
Sign-up for Weekly Fishing Report: http://www.noelgyger.ca/subscribers_form.htm for Smithers, Terrace, Kitimat, Prince Rupert and Meziadin North
RECORD SALMON & STEELHEAD Spin or fly-fishing
RIVER, LAKE, STREAM or OCEAN!!!
RSS feed News Bulletin http://www.noelgyger.ca/newsbulletin001.xm l
RSS feed Itunes Podcast http://www.noelgyger.ca/itunes.xml

Follow Noel Gyger updates on Twitter: http://twitter.com/guided_fishing

"You meet the nicest people on the river banks"

To sign-up to receive these fishing reports to your personal e-mail in-box go here: http://www.noelgyger.ca/subscribers_form.htm
Attachments
Photo of the Week  http://www.noelgyger.ca
Photo of the Week http://www.noelgyger.ca

Return to “Fresh Water Fishing”