July 4th accident

Fishing, camping, hunting, boating, sailing, yachting - if it doesn't fit anywhere else, then post here.
allingeneral
Site Admin

July 4th accident

Post by allingeneral »

I hope everyone here had a safe and enjoyable 4th of July. I know of one bunch of folks who didn't at my local marina. Very unfortunate, but worth reading the details.

Stay alert out there, especially in area of heavy traffic (particularly jet skis!)

Woman killed in boat crash on Monroe Bay/Colonial Beach boat crash.
BY SCOTT SHENK
Date published: 7/3/2011

A West Virginia couple's vacation at Monroe Bay Campground near Colonial Beach ended in a tragic boating crash yesterday.

Lyle Hartman and his wife, Margaret, were boating on Monroe Bay when another boat crashed into them. The second boat became airborne and landed on the Hartmans' boat, said John Bull, spokesman for the Virginia Marine Resources Police.

The incident happened about 4 p.m. Lyle Hartman was piloting his boat, and another boat was trailing them, Bull said.

A jet ski appeared, and Hartman slowed "fairly quickly and dramatically," but the second boat did not, Bull said.

The second boat ran over the Hartmans' vessel, killing 53-year-old Margaret Hartman and seriously injuring her husband, Bull said.

Read the whole story...
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)

Return to “General Discussion”