Working T.H.E. Jig

Fishing, camping, hunting, boating, sailing, yachting - if it doesn't fit anywhere else, then post here.
CrappieKeith
Outdoorsman

Working T.H.E. Jig

Post by CrappieKeith »

Working T.H.E. Jig is pretty simple really.
Your goal is to pick a fish and let it look at T.H.E. Jig then lift T.H.E. Jig away .
As you lift stop every foot or so and pause 5-10 seconds to see what that fish will do.

You may have to only go a few feet or several feet to trigger that strike.
As the fish rises it may stop and not come any higher.
I would call that the ceiling .
If the fish stops short,lower your jig back down slowly pushing that fish back down a foot or so then pause and re lift only stopping the lift just short of the ceiling giving you room to lift a hair more as it approaches.
That last little pull will or at least should get him to home in and drill your jig.

The ceiling can change throughout the day too depending on fronts rolling through.

Work the top of the pack if several fish are present on your flasher.
You may and will see from time to time a fish lower in the pack scream through all of his buddies to be the 1st one at your jig.

If they come up and do not hit.Try dropping in size.
For example if you have a 64th on ,try an 80th.
I think you'll notice the difference right off the bat.
By them raising they want to feed, but if your bait is too big and yes color may make a difference you'll need to swap out for something smaller.

If your dropping down and they are raising to meet you then stop short of them and change directions a half of a crank on your reel.
This would be an aggressive day and you'll have to dig deep to retrieve your jig.
Simply stick your finger in the fish's mouth while holding the line taught push the tip of your finger in the bend of the hook.
It'll pop right out and you won't beat up your jig with a pair of sutchers.

Days like this you can up size.
I just had a day where an 80th or 100th worked well but forget a 64th and then the next day I had to get big again.
Pay attention to how the fish are reacting.
Look for a trend in how far up they raise and how fast they move.
You'll get better at hooking fish when you can determine their moods for the day.
Pay attention to where the hook is lodged too.
Deep hook sets are aggressive indicators while just getting a front lip could mean they are finnicky.
Add in how fast the strike & how high they will come to understand ....do I go big or get small?

It will take a few outings of watching your flasher to get the feel,but you'll get it down.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had a date and got stood up Thursday.So I called Dad and he saved the day.That other guy will never get another chance to go out again.So much for mods from other forums.
Anyway we got a late start and when we got there I could not mark a fish.
I made a move and we tagged a few.1 nice slab.
The clouds came and the afternoon did too.The bite got real tough and I had a chore ahead of me to put some fish together for my folk's dinner.
We moved again and I caught a few more to round out a decent meal.
That's when I met Moosehead and invited him here.

This morning Doug and Steve stopped in for the next go around.
It was fun early.At about 9 they started in .We tagged several.
Doug was on fire and on the board with the 1st couple of crappies.

Steve was new to T.H.E. Jig and tried all sorts of presentations,but he said later he only caught fish on the jig.
I think he caught the most today and I think we made a believer out of him today.He even caught a walleye on it.

I had fun trying to be of help were I could and did the best I could to put us in a postition for some mules but it was another tough day with the high barometer.
Doug and I did a ton of laughing and gave Steve some grief every once in awhile.

I'll be back at them with my Dad again and hopefully that we slam them out in front of this front moving in later in the day on Sat.

Doug has a bunch more pics as my batteries died and all of the new ones I had were a junk brand.
8 batteries and not a 1 was good.
So stay tuned ....there is more to follow.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.ckoutdoors.com
T.H.E.Jig....if it's wet....it's catch'n fish!
Keith(CrappieKeith)Nelson
218-845-8801
email ck@ckoutdoors.com
ChasMorar
Minnow

Re: Working T.H.E. Jig

Post by ChasMorar »

Usually if I want to change the hair style I will buy the cheap hair wigs at the online shop so that it will neither cost me a lot and I can reach the goal of change my hair style easily. And just a week before I bought one curly hair wigs online and it makes me look better.
ChasMorar
Minnow

Post by ChasMorar »

Usually if I want to change the hair style I will buy the cheap hair wigs at the online shop so that it will neither cost me a lot and I can reach the goal of change my hair style easily. And just a week before I bought one curly hair wigs online and it makes me look better.
fifanutri
Minnow

Post by fifanutri »

my hair style easily. And just a week before I bought one curly hair wigs online and it makes me look better.

FutCoins

Return to “General Discussion”