Offshore Mega Bite - Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Advertise your fishing charter or guide service here - FREE! If you hired/rented a charter, please take a moment to tell us about your experience!
ladypamela2
Outdoorsman

Offshore Mega Bite - Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Post by ladypamela2 »

Lady Pamela II Sportfishing Charters

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

http://www.ladypamela2.com

954-761-8045

Now through the beginning of May, expect to see tons of Sailfish action of the coast of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Today Carlos and his son set sail with Matt the mate and I to go Deep Sea Fishing. Our duo was in town visiting from Brazil and I wanted to show them what fishing in South Florida was all about. On the way out, we made a pit stop at Lauderdale Marina to fill the well with live goggle eyes for later use. Trolling for King Mackerel was the first thing on our list. Our fresh bonito strips and ballyhoos really turned them on, they were hitin’ the deck left and right.

Twenty minutes into Trolling and our left planner got a hit. Whatever ate fell off immediately. Then the other planner got a bite. It had to of been the same fish! Carlos gears up and starts reeling as the flopper starts his series of jumps within feet of the transom. The excitement didn’t last long; he spit the hook and hauled. I wasn’t going to let this one get away. Spinner rod to the rescue! I rigged up a live gogg real quick and pitched it, hoping it would land right in front of his face. We finally got him on, and he was on good this time. Carlos and his son both got a taste of this game fish as they fought him all the way to the boat. It was a beauty.

All morning, Carlos had Tuna on his mind. “How can we catch a Tuna?” Not even a minute after we released our Sailfish, Carlos reeled in a nice Blackfin Tuna. The 12 lb’er made his day. It’s ironic how things work out sometimes. I’ll tell you what, there’s nothing better than freshly caught Blackfin for dinner. The Tuna went in the box and the lines went back in the water. As soon as fresh bait touched the water, the right rigger got a hit. We couldn’t believe our eyes as the baby Blue Marlin showed himself. That fantasy didn’t last long either, he got away before we could stop him. It was a bummer, but nice to see a Blue out there.

Today rocked out there!

Tight Lines!

Captain David Ide

E-MAIL: ladypamela2@bellsouth.net

954-761-8045

Return to “Fishing Charters and Guides”