Bye Bye Oldman Winter

Fishing reports for the entire United States coastline and freshwater systems.
fishdaddy
Minnow

Bye Bye Oldman Winter

Post by fishdaddy »

Finally old man winter gave us a break in the weather. Now if we could just get the wind to slow a little, we all would be some happy fishermen. On recent charters we have seen a lot of redfish on the move, they aren’t real quick to eat but still getting a few to chew. I believe the redfish bite will turn on soon and will be hot. Right now they will hit cut bait and shrimp. Try around the outer islands anywhere you see oyster beds and/or mullet jumping. The trout have been the target fish lately, they are all over the place, inshore and off in about 4-6 feet of water. We have been using shrimp on the bottom and under a cork, both have been real productive. Another good sign of things picking up is the bluefish are showing up. This usually means the baitfish are around. These guys will fight all the way to the boat and then some, they hit and fight like they are bigger than they are. On calm days try topwater for some exciting action, they will hit diving plugs and live shrimp. Hold on when you get into these bad boys. The spring is here and the fishing is heating up, so get out on the water or call me and lets have some fun fishing.

Good luck on the water, Capt “Fishdaddy” Joel Gant
Hernando Beach, FL.
352 279-1615 fishdaddycharter.com
allingeneral
Site Admin

Re: Bye Bye Oldman Winter

Post by allingeneral »

I'm glad to see Spring! Wishing you an excellent year!
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)
catq
Minnow

Post by catq »

Nice to see spring is finally here. It has been a long winter here in Ohio. Looking forward to a good season and wish others the same. We have a bass tournament later in the season looking forward to it.

Jacksonville Office Space:
online masters degree
RACN35
Veteran Outdoorsman

Post by RACN35 »

AND THE SAME TO ALL OF YOU AS WELL......

I wont fish near as much as I did in the past few years - but I'll stay afloat when ever I get the urge !

:fish:
Virginia Game Fish Tagging Program Member
VCAN Member
allingeneral
Site Admin

Post by allingeneral »

catq wrote:Nice to see spring is finally here. It has been a long winter here in Ohio. Looking forward to a good season and wish others the same. We have a bass tournament later in the season looking forward to it.

How about a separate post about the bass tournament? :fishing:
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)

Return to “Fishing Reports”