Fishing Charters Fort Lauderdale Lady Pamela 2

Fishing reports for the entire United States coastline and freshwater systems.
ladypamela2
Outdoorsman

Fishing Charters Fort Lauderdale Lady Pamela 2

Post by ladypamela2 »

January 5, 2011

I usually run the Lady Pamela IV, operating the boat from the flybridge, but today, I was aboard the Lady Pamela I and worked the cockpit, while Keith ran the boat. We fished with Glenda and her husband on a six-hour, 10am4pm charter, and we needed to catch Glenda a fish. We picked a few live baits up at the local Lauderdale Marina on the way out, and went trolling for the first two hours. I was confident that we would catch something cool today because the last 4 days of fishing had been slow, and I knew that a recent cold front that had moved through was going to bring the fish bite with it. We landed a couple of nice kingfish on the troll then decided to switch things up a little and go kite fishng. I cannot say enough about witnertime kite fishing as we can catch wahoo, mahi-mahi, sailfish, marlin, kingfish, and tuna. Our first set of the kites today was just specatcular. We were still setting out our first four baits when we hooked a monster sailfish. It was a 30 minute battle before finally bringing it to the boat. What a great catch! We put the baits right back out and hooked another one, but it wasn't long before it pulled the hooks. We freshend up the baits again and sat right in the same spot until close to the end of the trip. I was right in the middle of telling Glenda about times when you might never get a bite until you are reeling in the last baits, which we happened to be doing, when darned if we didn't hook up! We tied into another sailfish that we ended up catching and releasing just before heading home. Glenda said they have fished all over the world and this was their best trip ever. For me, it was just a great day to be in the cockpit with some fine anglers.
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV.jpg
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV.jpg (17.14 KiB) Viewed 1278 times

Tight lines,

Capt David Ide

954 761 8045

http://www.ladypamela2.com

Return to “Fishing Reports”