Looking for advice

Fishing from a kayak in Saltwater, reeling in monster fish from a kayak - Sounds like fun, doesn't it?!
sporting-gent
Outdoorsman

Looking for advice

Post by sporting-gent »

My son recently move to the Tampa area. He is in the Air Force and just got an apartment within stones throw of the bay. I made sure that when he moved out there he at least had a stout spinning rod in case he has the opportunity to do some fishing.

So here is where I need help. I though I would send him some stuff for Christmas that he could use. Maybe put together a kit with some line and select lures, hooks, weights and the like. You get the idea. I am unfamiliar with the area, techniques and fish species. What would be a good way to get him started? He does not have a kayak or boat of any kind (yet) so it would be mostly bank fishing.
fishwithdc
Outdoorsman

Re: Looking for advice

Post by fishwithdc »

Sorry I'm a bit behind... been taking some personal time for a while...

Some great lures and artificials would be Rapala xraps and mirro lure 17mr suspending baits... I am slaying fish with these lately...

Or if you were a really nice Dad you would get him a charter to get him started... it is a great way to learn a new area with an experienced angler... lol...

D.C. Bienvenue
Sun Coast Kayak Fishing Tours
Sarasota, Florida
http://www.fishwithdc.com
sporting-gent
Outdoorsman

Post by sporting-gent »

My wife is jonesing to see the grandson so we are planning a trip in the spring. I think I will set up a charter for my son and I. It would be a great opportunity for the two of us to spend some quality time and also to learn about the local fishing techniques.
fishwithdc
Outdoorsman

Post by fishwithdc »

Well ... when you are ready to go fishing... give me a call and I'll get you out there for some awesome stuff... We got 50+ fish between 20 and 30+ pounds yesterday... It only gets better...

D.C. Bienvenue
Sun Coast Kayak Fishing Tours
Sarasota, Florida
http://www.fishwithdc.com

Return to “Saltwater Kayak Fishing”