Glad To Be Here

New to the forum? Tell us about yourself here!
Mike G
Outdoorsman

Glad To Be Here

Post by Mike G »

This looks like a great forum. I'm looking forward to contributing when I can and learning a lot. I am a club and local bass tournament angler from the Chicago area and love to fish the waters of SE Wisconsin.

I also represent CB's Hawg Sauce and Esox Fishing Rods, so if there are any questions concerning those products, I would be more than happy to answer them.
allingeneral
Site Admin

Re: Glad To Be Here

Post by allingeneral »

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum. :welcome: I hope you enjoy your stay. I'm from Central Illinois and grew up near Lake Shelbyville. You ever fish there?
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)
RACN35
Veteran Outdoorsman

Post by RACN35 »

Virginia Game Fish Tagging Program Member
VCAN Member
Mike G
Outdoorsman

Post by Mike G »

Thanks, guys.

I have fished Lake Shelbyville, allingeneral. We had our state BASS Federation Nation club tournament there 2 years ago. I'm use to fishing the weedy, natural lakes of SE Wisconsin, so as you can imagine, Shelbyville was quite a shock. I don't think I saw one piece of vegetation the entire weekend. I did end up getting use to it though and wouldn't mind fishing it again. As a matter of fact, I was thinking about fishing a couple of BFL's there this summer.
allingeneral
Site Admin

Post by allingeneral »

haha...yeah, vegetation in Lake Shelbyville is non-existent. There are a few places where there are some dead trees still standing, mostly submerged. Crappie like to hang out near those. I've never fished for Largemouth Bass there. We mostly fished for hybrid white bass when I was growing up. I did catch a 7lb walleye on Shelbyville once.
--
Rick
Mike G
Outdoorsman

Post by Mike G »

Largemouth bass were hard to come by, but they were there. The funny thing was that a lot of the bass guys were catching muskie, which didn't make the muskie fishermen too happy.
allingeneral
Site Admin

Post by allingeneral »

I'm glad to hear that the muskie population has taken off in Lake Shelbyville. I think the Army Corps of Engineers (they own that lake) stocked Muskie in the 80's, but I heard of very few being caught before I left the area in 1993. This is the first I've heard about any muskie being caught, let alone several.
--
Rick
Mike G
Outdoorsman

Post by Mike G »

Oh yeah, AIG. There are plenty of muskies in Shelbyville. There are many tournaments there and a ton of guys fishing for them.
fishwithdc
Outdoorsman

Post by fishwithdc »

Welcome to the forum... If you ever have any questions feel free to ask me anytime... Whether it be on kayak fishing or fishing in general both fresh or saltwater... Enjoy the forum...

D.C. Bienvenue

D.C. Bienvenue
Sun Coast Kayak Fishing Tours
Sarasota, Florida
http://www.fishwithdc.com

Return to “New Member Introductions”