Wahoo Fort lauderdale Fishing Happy Day Today

Fishing reports for the entire United States coastline and freshwater systems.
topshotfishing
Veteran Outdoorsman

Wahoo Fort lauderdale Fishing Happy Day Today

Post by topshotfishing »

Fishing Fort Lauderdale on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak
Wahoo Jim.jpg

Deep sea sport fishing aboard the Happy Day Today along with the Topshotfishing team in Fort Lauderdale with the Moore family, father, James, mother, Monica and 6 year old twin boys, Ashton and Brennan, from Texas. With variable winds, blue skies, 2-3 ft. seas – the perfect setting for the two young anglers that did nothing but talk about the fish they were going to catch.
Wahoo Jim.jpg

Fifteen minutes after leaving the dock, lines were in the water at the sea buoy located in 120 ft. of water which is the drop off in Fort Lauderdale FL. We had two plainers down, one with a 3 ½ blue reflector drone spoon and the other with a purple and black sea witch in front of a double hook Bonita strip. For surface baits we had two Ballyhoos and two Bonito strips.

As we trolled the reefs, the two boys were at attention standing behind the rods waiting for the fish to come. The first fish was on one of the plainers rod; we left the rod in the rod holder and both twin boys reeled in the first Kingfish weighing 12 lbs. From that point on the action did not stop, as Ashton assumed the new mate’s position on the boat – paying strict attention to when the fish was on the plainer rods. Both young anglers kept reeling in the fish together, ending up with 8 Bonitos ranging from 6-20 lbs., five Kingfish ranging from 8-16 lbs, one Tuna and one Wahoo weighing 21 lbs, assisted by their dad, James, while mother, Monica, was the official photographer. The following morning they were leaving back to Texas with a cooler full of their catch.

With happy smiles on everyone’s faces, it was time to head back to the dock at Bahia Mar 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale Fl. 33316. I asked the boys to be sure to come back next year to fish with me, and their remarked was, “No, we will be back sooner than a year.” I thanked the family for giving me the enjoyment of fishing with them.

For a successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellshouth.net Website: http://www.topshotfishing.com.

Return to “Fishing Reports”