Sail Mahi Fishing Fort lauderdale Happy Day Today

Fishing reports for the entire United States coastline and freshwater systems.
topshotfishing
Veteran Outdoorsman

Sail Mahi Fishing Fort lauderdale Happy Day Today

Post by topshotfishing »

Fishing Fort Lauderdale on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak
Sailfish Brent.jpg

Brent Craig with his sons, Camden, age 12, and Dillon, age 13, from Nashville, TN chartered the Happy Day Today along with the Topshotfishing team to do some deep sea sport fishing in Fort Lauderdale FL. Brent was in Fort Lauderdale vacationing, taking a break from his company, Rigid Development, which specializes in building exclusive homes.

The winds today were out of the north, northeast at 18 mph, gusting to 25, seas running 5-8 ft. so I was concerned that the boys would not be comfortable in these conditions. I informed Brent of my concern, and he remarked that the boys can handle it, and boy, was he right!!!!! The boys wanted to catch a Shark.

On the way out we stopped to purchase a dozen live Goggle Eyes from T&T and fifteen minutes later had two kites flying in 180 ft. of water north of the sea buoy in Fort Lauderdale FL. As the two boys were sitting in the fighting chairs, I looked down on them and told them that the only way they can catch fish is if they called them – they both asked HOW?? And I replied, just shout – Here fishy, fishy!!! It was like they had a magic voice because in less than a minute the dorsal fin of a Hammerhead Shark appeared. Dorsal fin out of the water, chasing the live Goggle Eye around until he captured him. Hooked Up!!!! The line peeled off the reel and then went slack, as the Shark dislodged the hook.

Form then on, the boys never stopped calling the fish the whole trip and it kept working as we got attacked by Mahi Mahi’s – we caught three Mahi Mahi’s, two in the 12 lb class and one weighing 27 lbs, which put a smile on the boys face. Needless to say, the calling continued – a black shadow appeared – Sailfish on the left short, as this one grabbed the bait, came out of the water and dislodged the hook. We set up again – Sailfish on the right long!! This time it was a solid hook up – the Sailfish came out of the water, showing his brilliant neon colors, as the sun glimmered down on his long slender body. Brent reeled in the Sailfish to the boat for picture taking – the Sailfish measured 79” and was released to fight again.

On our way back in I was thinking to myself how fortunate Brent was to have two great fishing partners for the rest of his life. They all retired to the A/C salon for the trip back to the dock at Bahia Mar 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale Fl. 33316.

For a successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellshouth.net Website: http://www.topshotfishing.com.

Return to “Fishing Reports”