POLL: Calling all CHARTER CAPTAINS and GUIDES!

Advertise your fishing charter or guide service here - FREE! If you hired/rented a charter, please take a moment to tell us about your experience!

Would you like clients to contact you directly from FindaFishingCharter.com?

Yes - Please display my email address to the world!
70%
Yes - But use a form so that my email address is not known
20%
No - I do not want to be contacted directly from findafishingcharter.com
No votes
I don't have a listing at findafishingcharter.com - What's my excuse?!
10%

Total votes: 10

allingeneral
Site Admin

POLL: Calling all CHARTER CAPTAINS and GUIDES!

Post by allingeneral »

Good day everyone - Captains, Guides, et al;

In our latest website launch, we have collected hundreds of fishing charter listings from Captains and Guides all over the United States. We offer this as a service to you - an outlet on the internet...another place for you to advertise for free.

Now, as part of the creation of your listing, you have provided your email address. My question to you is this:

As a charter business, would you like for people to be able to contact you via email from your listing at http://findafishingcharter.com/directory ? I mean, would you like for us to:
1) show a "mailto:" link to your email address or
2) would you prefer a third-party mailing mechanism (like a form, where your email address is not given) or
3) would you prefer that we not give any link or contact information at all?

Please take a moment to vote in our poll so that we can tally the votes and decide what to do next as we increase the capabilities of our fishing charter directory!

So, would you like for prospective clients to be able to contact you directly from your FindaFishingCharter.com Directory listing? Vote Now!

Tight lines!
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)
allingeneral
Site Admin

Re: POLL: Calling all CHARTER CAPTAINS and GUIDES!

Post by allingeneral »

I have received three votes via email from different captains, all indicating that they would like to give permission to publish their email address on the website. A couple of them told me that they get a significant amount of business from email discussions with prospective clients and online searches.

So, this makes me happy that the Find a Fishing Charter Directory will be helpful for those of you in the business!

So, I think what we'll probably do at some point in the next few weeks is add the display of email contact information to each of the listings and possibly an option within the listing to display or not display the email address. You will be able to email me and let me know if you prefer that your email not be published and I will check the box that will remove its display from your charter listing.

Sound like a plan? :thumbsup:

Tight lines! :fishing:
--
Rick
allingeneral
Site Admin

Re: POLL: Calling all CHARTER CAPTAINS and GUIDES!

Post by allingeneral »

EMAILS
This has been updated now. All listings have the email address prominently published so that visitors to our site can email you directly from our pages. Of course, they can also visit your website by clicking out from your listing, but offering one more place where a prospective client has the opportunity to contact you is a good thing, right?

GOOGLE MAPS
Also, while updating the email address display, I added a google maps feature which allows a map of your address to be displayed in your listing. Right now, you only have the option of adding one address...not one for the office and one for the boat. I would suggest choosing an address close to where your boat is docked or where you launch so folks visiting the site can see where you are in relation to the waters that they want to fish.

I wish you all the best of luck with your business and I hope that I can help you to succeed in some small way.
--
Rick

Return to “Fishing Charters and Guides”